Thread: Problems with Multi Layout Region (top tabs) with IE Internet explorer

Question Problems with Multi Layout Region (top tabs) with IE Internet explorer

Hi everyone.

I have created a multi layout region set of tabs with a second multi layout region set of tabs linked to the first allowing drilldown to specific pages. On testing it with Chrome and Firefox it works a treat! On testing it with IE 8 it is a disaster :-(

As most of our site visitors use IE (too lazy to change to Chrome or Firefox) I have to set up the site using IE as the default browser for the site.

In IE the second set of tabs under the primary tabs tabs sometimes don't open under the corresponding tab and instead jam up/open up halfway down the page and sometimes don't open at all. They are perfect in Chrome and Firefox. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix as really want to use this drilldown second set of tabs on the page.

URL: http://www.holidays4.me/srilanka/htm...ding-page.html

thanks in advance..

Gary

Hi Gary,

I've tried the site in IE8 (XP) and IE9 (Vista) without any problems you mention. Can you reply with a screenshot of the issue so I can take a look?
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Post Update...

Hi Adam - thanks for your interest. I am afraid I gave up on the problem after spending 2 days wrestling with it. Instead I created a set of frames to be used inside the primary tabs layout region using new pages with another set of tabs in them. This way I was not using 2 sets of tabs in the one layout area as I had before so everything now works just fine in all broswers. However - here is the original page with the original problem that I have left up to see if anyone has an answer... as much rather use the 2 sets of tabs in the one page than using separate framed pages for each main tab.

http://www.holidays4.me/srilanka/htm...age-backu.html

cheers

Gary