Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WordPress blog via C-Panel

Default Linking button to external URL

Hi. I wonder if you could walk me through this, linking a nav button to an external URL.

Thanks in advance,
    Billy Dreskin

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I've done precisely this at www.food-photography.com.au. The blog is linked in a custom menu to the subdomain blog.food-photography.com.au. Simply use the external URL for the link on the menu button.

Hi. I wonder if you could walk me through this, linking a nav button to an external URL.
    Sure. In Page View click on your nav bar. In the properties panel use Custom and click Edit Custom. select external link from the pull down box and enter the URL of the blog (eg blog.yourdomain.com) and click add. Click Ok and you have the link to your blog on your nav bar.

Hi. Thanks for that (and apologies for taking so long to act on it). I did what you suggested and my Nav Bar disappeared (that is, all of my other internal links), leaving ONLY the external link. I'm wondering if there's a way to ADD the external link on the Nav Bar without deleting the others.

Thanks!

Billy

There are two possible ways of doing this.
    First, like Franko described, you can create a custom navigation bar.
    But on top of adding the external link for your blog you have to add all the other pages as well.
    With the Add Button, from the left hand window into the right hand window.
    In fact this way you copy your existing navigation bar and add the external link to your blog where ever you want.

The second possiblity:
    Mark your naviagtion bar and select "More pages" in the properties panel.
    Create your external link for your blog and add it, so it appears in the right hand window.
    If you mark the URL of your blog in the right hand window you can change the name to " Blog" eg.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Perfect! Thanks so much for helping me out with this. I deeply appreciate it.

Billy

Thanks for the feedback.
    Glad I could help.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten