Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MultiLayout Regions

Default MultiLayout Regions

I was wondering if there was someway to trigger what shows in the different layout regions in the multi layout region area. I am really confised as to how the ,ultilayout region works so any and all help in this area would be greatly appreciated

Default Multi Layout Regions

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    I was wondering if there was someway to trigger what shows in the different layout regions in the multi layout region area. I am really confised as to how the ,ultilayout region works so any and all help in this area would be greatly appreciated
    I was wondering if someone could help me in understanding what the multi layout regions are and how they work? Are they the same thing that I used to be able to do in NOF11 using fixed page layout as output? Hiding one layer on top of another?

Tommy, one of the mods in our german forum shows on his help page a few examples of the MLR.
    The explanations are in german, but you could use the Google translation at the bottom of the page or the pictures might give you a clue about the possibilities.

http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/n...lti-layout.php
    Why don't you create a test page and just try the various options.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Default Mlr

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    Tommy, one of the mods in our german forum shows on his help page a few examples of the MLR.
    The explanations are in german, but you could use the Google translation at the bottom of the page or the pictures might give you a clue about the possibilities.

http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/n...lti-layout.php
    Why don't you create a test page and just try the various options.
    Thank you Mia. I have used all the examples he shows and love them, but the one I was curious about was the plain MLR option. This creats MLR's with different content in each one and I was wondering if there was some way to 'trigger' the deeper MLR to show. In NOF 11 there was an output mode called Fixed Page Layout and this enabled me to layer pictures one on top of each other and then could trigger each individual picture with a button and actions. I was wondering if it was possible to do this with the plain MLR option. An example of this is a site I did. http://shawndellsart.com/html/portraits.html Thanks again

That's neat, but I don't think a Multi-Layout Region is quite the same thing. Typically you will navigate between the content sections by clicking on some sort of control - Tabs, accordion title bar, etc. Read up a bit here (or p.157 in the NOF 11 PDF guide):
    http://netobjects.com/en/nof/12/00/d...Components.htm

I suppose in your example, if you used the default MLR, the control elements could be the thumbnails using actions. But this would likely require clicking on the thumbnails rather than just a hover. I'm not much of an expert on the "actions" part of NOF, I'm afraid.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Thank you Mia. I have used all the examples he shows and love them, but the one I was curious about was the plain MLR option. This creats MLR's with different content in each one and I was wondering if there was some way to 'trigger' the deeper MLR to show. In NOF 11 there was an output mode called Fixed Page Layout and this enabled me to layer pictures one on top of each other and then could trigger each individual picture with a button and actions. I was wondering if it was possible to do this with the plain MLR option. An example of this is a site I did.
    Hi Tsunami,

It's basically the same idea, just a little streamlined. Let's see if I can shed some light on the "generic" mlr, which I am just going to call mlr from here on out. Basically your going to use actions to manipulate the mlr layouts. I am going to write up a quick step by step below and provide images for reference.

1. Add an mlr to your page, add some layout regions (clicking the plus button in the mlr properties palette)
    2. Place some images, text or whatever you like in the layout regions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mlr1..png 
Views:	285 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	1067

3. Place some trigger objects in the page, I used two images.
    4. Select the trigger object and click to the actions tab.
    5. Add a new action.
    6. Use the screenshot as a template for the fields you should use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mlr2..png 
Views:	292 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	1068

Note:
    Target must be the MLR itself, not the layout regions within.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

Hi Adam,

this is unfortunately not really working - as "normally" - these actions are a disaster.

Look at my test page:

http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/n...ion/index.html

1) MLR with top tabs is not working at all

2) The regular MLR (lower example) is only working in specific browsers - i.e. FF - try Opera
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Frei-Herrmann View Post
    Hi Adam,

this is unfortunately not really working - as "normally" - these actions are a disaster.

Look at my test page:

http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/n...ion/index.html

1) MLR with top tabs is not working at all

2) The regular MLR (lower example) is only working in specific browsers - i.e. FF - try Opera
    Hi Thomas,

Yes there are some quirks with actions and styled MLR's. In my tests, the generic MLR's seem to work fine under all the main browsers, including Opera, although your site does indeed have issues in Opera. Can you please check this test site:

http://adam.netocorp.com/mlr/Untitled1/untitled1.html

Are the actions working for you here?
    Last edited by Adam; 12-01-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: grammar
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

Hi Adam,

yes they are - also in Opera.

What did you (me) do
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

Hi Adam,

I did a quick check too and noticed a few things.

Using Firefox 8.0.1
    - On the tab 'Untitled1' the text changes in accordance with the buttons clicked.
    - On the tab 'Untitled2' the text also changes when the buttons are clicked, but in all cases (regardles of the button clicked) the active tab ('Birch', 'maple' or 'pine') stays the active one. So, if I have selected the tab 'maple' and click the third button, the tab 'maple' is stil active although in the field below the text 'pine' shows.

Using Internet Explorer 9.0.8:
    - tab 'Untitled1': works ok.
    - When tab 'Untitled2' is first selected, it shows all three texts 'Birch', 'maple' and 'pine' from top down. Next clicking the buttons has the same results as under Firefox.