Thread: I cant publish my site..new changes are not taking effect

Default I cant publish my site..new changes are not taking effect

After not working on my site for w hile I made a bunch of changes and when I tried to publish it I got this error message
    could not create the directory 'html/" on the server
    Please help someone if you can tell me whats going on

Sounds like you do not have your remote publish profile set up correctly and you are trying to create a folder in a prohibited area.

Contact your web host to find out what settings you need to use for FTP
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

could this have changed in a few months. I havent used it in a while but had no problem previously

That depends on your web host. Typically the "can't create folder" error is a server side generated error. First place to start is with your host and your settings.

Alternately you can local publish and use 3rd party FTP software to upload but if the settings are incorrect no software will not connect.

You are talking about remote publish? Not local publish?

Who is your host?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

ok You were right I called them and it seems under my public html setting I also had listed my site which was incorrect. Its weird but this setting was like this for a while and always worked.
    Yesterday when I called them they couldn't help me but once you told me it may be my settings they were able to help me. I use hostgator and have been very happy with them
    thanks so much

Usually this is just the DNS propagation. Just wait for 24-48 hours and changes should all be there.

but i don't think so that your site would be change after some time or days. You need to concern with you domain host company.