Thread: A Forum Area to Post Sites We've Built?

Default A Forum Area to Post Sites We've Built?

How about an area in the forums for end-users to post links to sites built using NOF?

I'd like to see what can be done by others that I might not be aware of. And show-off what I've done.

Dave

Hi DaveK,

I believe it's been suggested before but I like the idea.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Default A Submission

Thanks Adam,
    - So in the spirit of the thread: I recently re-built www.internationalpatterns.com using NOF 12.

Dave

NetO used to have a gallery where you could submit your site for display. I no longer find that on their web site so I assume it did not make it over with the new site design/layout last time.

I have had Fusion Galleries online for the past 10 years. there are a lot of very nice Fusion built sites in there. You can submit your site if you want.

http://www.fusiongalleries.com/
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Excellent djpimpstick. Really fine.
    Very clean. It takes a lot of design discipline to achieve that.
    Was the on-line store done in NOF or...?

I can't take all the credit for the actual graphic design, our Marketing people came up with that.

It is a NOF form with a multi-layer region (MLR), form elements, data sources, actions, yadda yadda all built in NOF.

It could all be done in NOF but I like to use an external script editing app for the javascript then save that in a *.js file that I call in the Master Layout region. This lets me keep moving forward without having to republish the page I'm working on every 5 minutes.

You can do just about anything with NOF, but it has limitations and a HUGE learning curve due to its HORRIBLE or largely NON EXISTANT documentation on advanced features.

However, what it can’t due, can usually be sidestepped with some basic javascript.

When I started that website, I knew ZERO javascript and very little HTML. I'm not a programmer at all, but GOOGLE is my savior!

So for those who bother to read this, here are the 5 essential tools you need to help take NOF (and your skills in general) the next level:

ALL FREE (Just google them)

1. Basic DOM & javascript. Once you figure out creating a function and how document.getElementById(xxxx)works, the rest is pretty straight forward. (GOOGLE!)

2. NOTEPAD++ a quick and dirty HTML/Script editor. (FREE)

3. APTANA a more sophisticated code editor with syntax/ code assistance and correction. (FREE)

4. FIREBUG plug-in for Firefox. Learn to use it, especially the "Inspect Element", the script console and "console.log" alerts.

5. "Web Developer Toolbar" for Firefox. This will help you quickly identify the ID's, variables, and values that NOF assigns to stuff without pouring through countless lines of code.

The last two are also handy in reverse engineering other web sites when you see something interesting.