Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: All Options in the Style Sheet can't be greyed out/edited

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4

    Angry All Options in the Style Sheet can't be greyed out/edited

    I've banged my head against my desk, I've scoured the web, here for answers and I can't find the solution. In a nutshell, I cannot edit the styles in NOF 11 (and more). This is what I have done so far:

    1. Changed permission to "run as administrator"
    2. Re-did the java settings in the application to JRE 6.1 (and even tried it back to the default)
    3. Uninstalled IE to an earlier version as one thread mentioned.
    4. reinstalled NOF11
    5. and yes, I even made sure the "read only" wasn't checked.
    6. even did a run as "Windows Vista Sp1" (Currently running Window 7 SP1 64bit with 12gigs ram)

    But wait there more. I have also noticed that I can't modify my previous server settings in the publisher whatsoever. Nothing. Won't let me change them. I can't even make NEW settings.

    Help!!!
    Last edited by eblkheart; 12-06-2011 at 12:40 AM.

  2. #2
    Twayne
    Guest

    Default Re: All Options in the Style Sheet can't be greyed out/edited

    In news:eblkheart.54att0@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    eblkheart <eblkheart.54att0@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > I've banged my head against my desk, I've scoured the
    > web, here for answers and I can't find the solution. In a
    > nutshell, I cannot edit the styles in NOF 11 (and more).
    > This is what I have done so far:
    >
    > 1. Changed permission to "run as administrator"
    > 2. Re-did the java settings in the application to JRE 6.1
    > (and even tried it back to the default)
    > 3. Uninstalled IE to an earlier version as one thread
    > mentioned.
    > 4. reinstalled NOF11
    > 5. and yes, I even made sure the "read only" wasn't
    > checked.
    > 6. even did a run as "Windows Vista Sp1" (Currently
    > running Window 7 SP1 64bit with 12gigs ram)
    >
    > But wait there more. I have also noticed that I can't
    > modify my previous server settings in the publisher
    > whatsoever. Nothing. Won't let me change them. I can't
    > even make NEW settings.
    >
    > Help!!!


    Well, what have you tried so far?



  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    That it is what I tried to do so far and I am stuck. The list in my OP is what I have tried from reading several posts, threads, etc. It's the reason why I posted of what I tried here and hoped that the NOF peeps can help me to troubleshoot what is going on with NOF 11.

  4. #4
    Administrator Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eblkheart View Post
    That it is what I tried to do so far and I am stuck. The list in my OP is what I have tried from reading several posts, threads, etc. It's the reason why I posted of what I tried here and hoped that the NOF peeps can help me to troubleshoot what is going on with NOF 11.
    You state that you uninstalled IE, what version are you running now?
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    You state that you uninstalled IE, what version are you running now?
    Currently I am running version 9. When I started to encounter issues a few months back I reverted back to 7 but saw no changes, which I read about in another thread to do. That being said, if there was something I may have missed which *should* have fixed/repaired what has happened, please let me know. Otherwise, I am stuck right now.

  6. #6
    Max
    Guest

    Default Re: All Options in the Style Sheet can't be greyed out/edited

    Not having experience the same issues I'm not very well qualified to
    advise. Since you seem to have done all the right things but have still
    not fixed it, my only suggestion would be to try reinstalling again -
    but this time use Revo Uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com/ -
    the free version will be fine) to do the uninstallation to ensure that
    all related settings and folders are removed.

    Then make sure that, as before, you set it to run as administrator as
    per GotFusion's instructions
    http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4037 and that you
    install the update http://netobjects.com/html/downloads.html

    Max
    ----
    eblkheart wrote:
    I've banged my head against my desk, I've scoured the web, here for
    answers and I can't find the solution. In a nutshell, I cannot edit the
    styles in NOF 11 (and more). This is what I have done so far:

    1. Changed permission to "run as administrator"
    2. Re-did the java settings in the application to JRE 6.1 (and even
    tried it back to the default)
    3. Uninstalled IE to an earlier version as one thread mentioned.
    4. reinstalled NOF11
    5. and yes, I even made sure the "read only" wasn't checked.
    6. even did a run as "Windows Vista Sp1" (Currently running Window 7
    SP1 64bit with 12gigs ram)

    But wait there more. I have also noticed that I can't modify my
    previous server settings in the publisher whatsoever. Nothing. Won't let
    me change them. I can't even make NEW settings.

    Help!!!




  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Not having experience the same issues I'm not very well qualified to
    advise. Since you seem to have done all the right things but have still
    not fixed it, my only suggestion would be to try reinstalling again -
    but this time use Revo Uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com/ -
    the free version will be fine) to do the uninstallation to ensure that
    all related settings and folders are removed.

    Then make sure that, as before, you set it to run as administrator as
    per GotFusion's instructions
    http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4037 and that you
    install the update http://netobjects.com/html/downloads.html

    Max
    ----
    eblkheart wrote:
    I've banged my head against my desk, I've scoured the web, here for
    answers and I can't find the solution. In a nutshell, I cannot edit the
    styles in NOF 11 (and more). This is what I have done so far:

    1. Changed permission to "run as administrator"
    2. Re-did the java settings in the application to JRE 6.1 (and even
    tried it back to the default)
    3. Uninstalled IE to an earlier version as one thread mentioned.
    4. reinstalled NOF11
    5. and yes, I even made sure the "read only" wasn't checked.
    6. even did a run as "Windows Vista Sp1" (Currently running Window 7
    SP1 64bit with 12gigs ram)

    But wait there more. I have also noticed that I can't modify my
    previous server settings in the publisher whatsoever. Nothing. Won't let
    me change them. I can't even make NEW settings.

    Help!!!
    Thank you for the suggestion. I tried this and it was a no go Thank you tho...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •