Thread: Adding a sound file

Default Adding a sound file

I'm new to NOF. I'm trying to add a sound file. The documentation say to select sound from the Plug-in tool bar. I am having trouble locating it. Can someone point me in the right direction.
    Thanks,

in Page view on the left side of the workspace (unless you have customized your workspace), you will see a fly out labeled Custom Components. Open that fly out, then open the Plug-Ins drop down. You will find the sound plug in at the bottom of the list.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soundPlugInTooll&#4.gif 
Views:	136 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	1040
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    in Page view on the left side of the workspace (unless you have customized your workspace), you will see a fly out labeled Custom Components. Open that fly out, then open the Plug-Ins drop down. You will find the sound plug in at the bottom of the list.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soundPlugInTooll&#4.gif 
Views:	136 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	1040
    found the plug in, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

After you click on the Plug in, draw a rectangle and a dialogue box will open up for you to go get the file. You will have a problem with the icons though - and I wish you luck getting help on it. Maybe you will do better than me.

I was trying the Windows Media Player PlugIn and when publishing, I get this error: "Can't copy file: C:\Users\Username\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\Sample Site\Preview\Autogen\VideoIcon1.gif - The system cannot find the file specified. (this is with a local publish)

When you try it, you will see the icon image crashed in any preview as well. The Assets folder shows a correct path to the videoicon, but the generated code is wrong.

Their first reply was to check my FTP - (groan). I wasn't even publishing ftp, doing everything local.

Their second reply was "To make sure assets publish correctly, you can verify that all file assets are in their expected folders". --- So I made a video that show paths are correct but NOF does not follow these paths for publish or preview.
    http://screencast.com/t/C0IFjD4P

Their third reply was, "I just noticed that you were using the Norton Security Suite. Please make sure that this application is not prohibiting NetObjects Fusion to copy or create files on your computer. This would definitely cause the error you have shown."

I can turn the security off and still repeat the problem - but they (NOF Support) won't even try. I gave up.

Beach Ape,

The issue with the file name errors is due to a problem introduced with the Application Default optimization setting. Here are a couple of workarounds, hopefully one will suffice:

1. If you can live without GIF optimization, then under Application Options, set optimization to None.
    2. If you can assign a custom image, in an image format that you typically don't use, then for your Windows Media File, select that custom image. And under Application Options, set optimization to None for that image type.

I hope that this information is more helpful to you until a fix is released.

Quote Originally Posted by EtienneC View Post
    1. If you can live without GIF optimization, then under Application Options, set optimization to None.
    Thanks Etienne - OK, here goes ....
    http://screencast.com/t/fiunPvcS0TFr
    nope.

2. If you can assign a custom image, in an image format that you typically don't use, then for your Windows Media File, select that custom image. And under Application Options, set optimization to None for that image type.
    OK, here goes ....
    http://screencast.com/t/jaKqYA24qhCH
    nope, and it looks like NOF Application Options, is slaved to .gif

That's three exercises I have shown now, so I really really give up now and I'm not going to follow anymore theories.

I hope that this information is more helpful to you until a fix is released.
    Janos @ NetObjects Technical Support is unaware that there is such a bug, so my confidence is low on a fix. Apologies for my gloom, it's just all the wasted time.

Last edited by Beach Ape; 10-24-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Beach Ape,

The procedure which was provided, and you followed, was confirmed by support to resolve publishing issues for a later beta build.

Could you provide support with a sample site illustrating the publishing problem that you are experiencing and have them forward the exported template to development? We will get to the bottom of this.

Beach Ape,

Could you provide support with a sample site illustrating the publishing problem that you are experiencing and have them forward the exported template to development? We will get to the bottom of this.
    Done on the 25th. I only received the auto responder since then but I'm not expecting any other reply since I just quoted the above.

I still consider this exercise odd. It is no big deal to open a New Blank Site and first thing try to use the plugin and Preview to see the error. 1 minute and it appears I am the only one on the planet that can do it.

A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other. A solemn consideration, when I enter a great city by night, that every one of those darkly clustered houses encloses its own secret; that every room in every one of them encloses its own secret; that every beating heart in the hundreds of thousands of breasts there, is, in some of its imaginings, a secret to the heart nearest it!
    Charles Dickens (1812 - 1870), A Tale Of Two Cities
    - or a tale of the cyber screen

I am having some of the same issues - can you please tell me where to find "Application Options?" I keep getting the "can't find file" errors like you mentioned above, and in the fix Beachape says to go to Application Options, but I cannot find that!

Under Tools menu, select Options > Application...