Thread: Database Publishing

Default Database Publishing

I am trying to publish a new database website. I am a little new to this. Can anyone explain why I get the following message? . . . follow the link and you should get the message I get.

http://thecolchestercircle.co.uk/list.php

The message, in case you don't get the same one is as folows:

Fatal error: Call to a member function QueryString() on a non-object in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/th/ec/ol/thecolchestercircle.co.uk/public_html/list.php on line 25

Look forward to a helpful answer!

Many thanks

Howard

NOF forums are not the best when it comes to replies. There are only a few people that do reply and some of them will bypass your post. To bad that the administrators don't reply a lot more. Smh. Anyways, I'll have to look at your source code. I'd also recommend you visit another website where the forum help is much more quicker and consistent. http://www.worldofwebcraft.com/

Edit: Does your pass word, user name and php source match?

Quote Originally Posted by howardabo View Post
    I am trying to publish a new database website. I am a little new to this. Can anyone explain why I get the following message? . . . follow the link and you should get the message I get.

http://thecolchestercircle.co.uk/list.php

The message, in case you don't get the same one is as folows:

Fatal error: Call to a member function QueryString() on a non-object in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/th/ec/ol/thecolchestercircle.co.uk/public_html/list.php on line 25

Look forward to a helpful answer!

Many thanks

Howard
    Last edited by dove-7; 01-06-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    NOF forums are not the best when it comes to replies.
    You're kidding, right? In my experience, NOF forums are very responsive and forum members are incredibly generous with the assistance they provide. Look closely and you'll notice that the questions that go unanswered bear common characteristics. Some are too broad in nature and impossible to answer (how do you make a database?) and some are incomprehensibly meaningless (why are my pages looking all messed up?) and others, such as this one, pose a question that provides no basis to offer an answer. Since it's a PHP question, providing the published page only offers one small piece of the puzzle, but is the original poster using the database components or writing his or her own code manually? What efforts have been made to isolate the problem so that we can see which specific lines of code are generating the error? Without clues, it's not realistic to expects answers and I suspect that is why none have been offered.

Quote Originally Posted by LBA View Post
    You're kidding, right? In my experience, NOF forums are very responsive and forum members are incredibly generous with the assistance they provide. Look closely and you'll notice that the questions that go unanswered bear common characteristics. Some are too broad in nature and impossible to answer (how do you make a database?) and some are incomprehensibly meaningless (why are my pages looking all messed up?) and others, such as this one, pose a question that provides no basis to offer an answer. Since it's a PHP question, providing the published page only offers one small piece of the puzzle, but is the original poster using the database components or writing his or her own code manually? What efforts have been made to isolate the problem so that we can see which specific lines of code are generating the error? Without clues, it's not realistic to expects answers and I suspect that is why none have been offered.

If I were kidding, I wouldn't have replied. There are plenty of questions that are reasonable questions that go unanswered.