Thread: Windows 7 and Image Bank

Exclamation Windows 7 and Image Bank

I read an older post on this issue that didn't seem to get cleared up and I am having the same problem. All the Image Bank will show is Manage Galleries with images showing in it. You can not set the path to were the images are. In the older post it mentioned editing the ?ImageGallery.xml file and I did that with out any results. I have also edited the .ini file and that didn't help any. I have this same program running on an XP machine and everything work fine. It shows the Image Bank, Image Assets and Manage Galleries.

raynel,

When you press OK after browsing for the folder, are there any error/warning messages displayed? If so, what?

After you close the Image Galleries dialog (accessed from Manage Galleries...), you say that the folder setting is not saved. Could you post your resulting ImageGallery.xml file or email it to support? Could you also check that ImageGallery.xml is not readonly?

Default No Errors

Now it is saving the xml file "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <galleries><gallery class="assets" name="Image Assets"/><gallery class="folder" name="Image Bank" path="C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\Image Bank"/></galleries>" but Image bank is still not showing. I am including a couple of images to show what I see with the drop down boxes expanded. 0108.jpg is from the xp machine, the other from Windows 7. Not sure if this helps. All updates are current on the program and Win 7

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00000563..JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	1094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0108..JPG 
Views:	236 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	1095  

It will not allow you to browse for the folder within the program. That is not an option on the Windows 7 machine but works on the xp machine.

Quote Originally Posted by raynel View Post
    Now it is saving the xml file "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <galleries><gallery class="assets" name="Image Assets"/><gallery class="folder" name="Image Bank" path="C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\Image Bank"/></galleries>" but Image bank is still not showing. I am including a couple of images to show what I see with the drop down boxes expanded. 0108.jpg is from the xp machine, the other from Windows 7. Not sure if this helps. All updates are current on the program and Win 7

Thanks
    The XML file seems fine and almost matches the default. Almost being that the default is "C:\Users\Public\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\Image Bank" but yours has an extra "Public " in the path. Maybe a typo?

Not a typo Steve, that is the exact path to the Image Bank. That is the way it installed. I tried moving the NetObjects folder up one folder to the Public then the program would not run. Just came up with an error saying my registration was invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by raynel View Post
    It will not allow you to browse for the folder within the program. That is not an option on the Windows 7 machine but works on the xp machine.
    What specifically do you mean by "not an option"?

When you select Manage Galleries..., and highlight the entry for Image Bank, the Customize... button on the right should be enabled. When you click it, a Browse For Folder dialog should then appear. At this point, you should be able to select a folder and press the OK button. This value is suppose to wind up in the XML file. Where in this process are things different for your Windows 7? I am testing with Windows 7 64bit (English) and the application is working as stated.

Quote Originally Posted by EtienneC View Post
    What specifically do you mean by "not an option"?

When you select Manage Galleries..., and highlight the entry for Image Bank, the Customize... button on the right should be enabled. When you click it, a Browse For Folder dialog should then appear. At this point, you should be able to select a folder and press the OK button. This value is suppose to wind up in the XML file. Where in this process are things different for your Windows 7? I am testing with Windows 7 64bit (English) and the application is working as stated.
    As I stated Steve, that is not an option on this Windows 7 (64bit (English))machine. I do not get the Customize window! I can click the Manage Galleries till my finger gets tired but nothing happerns. This is all available on the XP machine. I don't know if I had a bad install or just what the deal is. I maybe should have installed the program as administrator but this machine runs only in administrator mode as no one else uses it. I sent some images of the Manage Galleries drop down boxes from the 2 machines in a previous post. The Windows 7 machine shows only Manage Galleries and I can not do anything with it.

Thanks,
    raynel
    Last edited by raynel; 01-20-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: add text

Ok, Now the problem is cured! I went to NetObjects Support team and ends up that NetObjects XII does not like IE9 and I didn't either. Rolled back to IE8 and now the program works perfect. Thanks for your posts Steve.
    Last edited by raynel; 02-04-2012 at 02:16 PM.