Thread: Here's a Puzzler regarding External Links and VideoLightbox, WOWSlider & PrettyPhoto

Default Here's a Puzzler regarding External Links and VideoLightbox, WOWSlider & PrettyPhoto

I'm using NOF 12 (latest update) and Windows 7.

I can successfully create some very nice Video pop-ups using VideoLightbox and PrettyPhoto, and a neat auto-advance photoslide show using WOWSlider.

Here's the puzzler. As soon as I create an external link on the same page as any of these effects, their behavior changes.

With WOWSlider, the auto-advance slideshow no longer works. The initial photo shows, but none of the other photos are displayed. I can only get the WOWslider auto-advance to work by using an iframe and putting the WOWSlider on its own, separate page without any external links present.

With VideoLightbox and PrettyPhoto, the very nice video "pop-ups" stop popping up, and the user is instead re-directed to another page (in this case to the YouTube page where the videos are).

As soon as I remove the external link, and republish, the "popups" or slideshow work again.

Here's a link to a page that works, even with an internal link present: http://www.egisticsinc.com/html/test...l#!prettyPhoto

Here's a link to an exact duplicate page that doesn't work because an external link is present: http://www.egisticsinc.com/html/test.html#!prettyPhoto

Any thoughts?

Here's an update: by using an external link, the following code is auto created that references jquery.js. Could there be a conflict with the jquery*.js being used by the other programs?:

<script type="text/javascript" src="file:///C:/Users/rdavis/Documents/NetObjects Fusion 12.0/User Sites/eGisticsProduction/Assets/jquery.js">
    </script><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="file:///C:/Program Files/NetObjects/NetObjects Fusion 12.0/NetObjects System/fusion.css"><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="file:///C:/Users/rdavis/Documents/NetObjects Fusion 12.0/User Sites/eGisticsProduction/Preview/style.css"><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="file:///C:/Users/rdavis/Documents/NetObjects Fusion 12.0/User Sites/eGisticsProduction/Preview/site.css"><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
    href="file:///C:/Users/rdavis/Documents/NetObjects Fusion 12.0/User Sites/eGisticsProduction/Preview/MultiLayoutRegion3tab_top.css"><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="file:///C:/Users/rdavis/Documents/NetObjects Fusion 12.0/User Sites/eGisticsProduction/Preview/MLR.css"><style type="text/css" title="NOF_STYLE_SHEET">
    Last edited by rdavisabc; 01-25-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Update

It's quite possible you are having a jQuery conflict. You are loading jQuery with the script, then NOF is also loading a different version of jQuery.

Try deleting one reference to jQuery, or have them both point to the same, newer version of jQuery and see if that helps.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Default Here's a Puzzler regarding External Links and VideoLightbox, WOWSlider & PrettyPhoto

Hi Rayc. Thanks for the reply.

Yup, it's a conflict, alright. And I tried every "NoConflict", "$Rename" trick I could find with no luck. In order to get VideoLightbox, WOWSlider and PrettyPhoto to work in NetObjects I had to do the following:

1. Unlink all external links I had created using NOF Link.
    2. Hand-code all external links using < a href="stuff.here.com"></a>, etc.
    3. Create a new page, and copy the entire page original page contents to a new page, and create a new MasterBorder for it. Using the same MasterBorder as the original page did not work.
    4. Rename the original page to "pagenameOLD", and then renaming the new page to the original page name "pagename"
    5. Use the Site "Structure" tab to properly place the new page relative to related pages in the site structure.
    6. After verifying everything works, deleting the original "pagenameOLD"

Everything now works, as you can see at http://www.egisticsinc.com/clouddocs, which shows both WOWSlider and PrettyPhoto video.