Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Edit Guestbook Settings

Question Cannot Edit Guestbook Settings

I want to add a guest book to my site, I've read the tutorial on how to do it and I thought it would be relatively easy but when I get theGuest book settings dialogue box there are no option boxes to tick.

Can anyone help please.
    Last edited by Johnny Kidd; 02-03-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Link to photo

If your operating system is Vista or Windows7 you need to run your NOF11 with administrator privileges, have the latest Java 32 bit version installed and change the settings.

Please have a look for further information supplied here:
    http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4037
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

I had told the exe to run as administrator already, I've now re-downloaded both 32bit & 64bit java (They say to install both if you have a 64bit system, which I do).
    It made no difference at all, I have un-installed and re-installed NOF 11 and installed the update. I have not had this problem with any other programe.

I have a windows 7 system and everything, driver wise etc. is up to date.
    Last edited by Johnny Kidd; 02-03-2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: more information

Still no solution ?????

I ran into some problems with Fusion 12. I was running IE9 and was told by Fusion Support to try rolling it back to IE8, then re-install Fusion 12. Worked for me. Just a thought!

Good Luck
    Ray Nelson

I wasn't aware you could acctually roll it back I'll have a try.

Ok removed IE9, Tried the guest book again but still no tick boxes on the options screen.

Anyone else please help.
    Last edited by Johnny Kidd; 02-13-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: more information

A friend of mine still uses NOF 10, on discussing my problem with him he suggested to prove a point , I should uninstall my version 11 and then install his version 10 and see if the problem persists on MY computer, as he has no problem on his. I did this and started a new site with just one page and installed a guest book with no problem at all, and all the tick boxes are there for the options. so this I susspect means the problem is coming from NOF 11 and not from my computer set up.

Question Still no use of the Guest Book

My first problem was : No check boxes for the options to set up a Guest Book on my site.
    The update to this problem:
    I have now upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate (I was advised this should help due to extra content in that edition)
    What a waste of money (even though I bought an OEM version), very little evidence of the extra content.
    Before Installing Windows 7 Ultimate I un-installed NOF11, Then re-installed on a clean install of Windows and very little else, I have updated NOF 11
    I have up to date Java for 32bit & 64bit systems (as advised by sun Java) as I have a 64bit based computer.
    Iinstalled Adobe flash player,Adobe Shockwave player & Adobe Air.
    I have also tried firstly with IE 8 and then with IE 9
    I have full administrator access and I have told the exe to run as administrator (before doing this I could not even get the options box up)
    Now when I try to add a Guest Book to my site , I click on Guest Book then make a square on the page I want it on, when the options box comes up it still has to tick boxes for the options as in the original post.
    It seems no one else has ever had this problem.
    Any ideas are welcomed.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Johnny Kidd; 02-20-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: edit details

What a complete waste of time this forum is, a couple of people tried to help but no help from administrators or the company.

JK, we're users. Like you. Sometimes someone from NO replies, but if you want NO to respond, OPEN A SUPPORT TICKET WITH THEM!

Don't go postal simply because we the users cannot wipe your bum.