Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tabs not always showing on TabTop Multi Layout Region

Default Tabs not always showing on TabTop Multi Layout Region

I am converting from Fusion 8 to Fusion 12. I have constructed a beta site using some newer features such as TabTop Multi Layout Region. The tabs are visible in Explorer and Safari but not in Chrome. In Chrome they just show up as text. Is this an issue with Chrome or is this something that I can address? Again, this is a beta site so it's still a work in progress but you can see what I mean at http://www.frband.com/beta/html/about_us.html. Thank you in advance.

I don't see Tabs in IE, Firefox or Chrome, all I see is text links with a long underline below

I don't see Tabs in IE, Firefox or Chrome, all I see is text links with a long underline below
    Same here, Opera 10 also - ?

maybe a script was not uploaded? if it works when doing local publish, this means something was not uploaded

I recommend Cute Ftp Pro instead of the built in publishing tool

No it's not local. I am getting very frustrated with XII. I have had to redo so much work. Things work, then they quit, then they need rebuilt, then they start working again...another topic for another day. Right now, if you look at www.frband.com/beta in IE 9, the About Us, Multimedia, Calendars, and Docs pages all show tabs. In Chrome, only the Calendars page does, the others just show text. In Safari, same thing (only the Calendars page). I won't publish anything else before you get a chance to look because as quirky as XII is everything could change with the next publish! Thank you for your time.

Your tab issue is a problem I encountered also. Your css file "..MultiRegion Tab Top 13..." has the tab image trying to link to your own computer's file instead of the file on your server.

#MultiLayoutRegion3LYR .ui-tabs-nav a,#MultiLayoutRegion3LYR .ui-tabs-nav a span {
    display: block;
    background: url("file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/NetObjects/NetObjects Fusion 12.0/NetObjects System/Resources/mlr/tab_top.png") no-repeat;
    }

The backround url should be linked to

background: url( "../assets/images/tab_top.png" ) no-repeat

If you have direct access to your server files, just go into that css file and correct it.

I encounter this issue with NOF 11 with my site occasionally. Not to sure why the program does this sometimes. A full publish of the site sometimes corrects the issue.

Steve

Steve,
    That did it. Thank you very much.
    Mike

Of course the issue now is every time that I republish it changes the css files back and then I have to manually fix them again.

What Anton said. Don't do partial publishing and don't publish directly to the server. Do a local publish and then upload to the server with a dedicated FTP program. Doing this I have never had a publishing issue in 16 years using NoF.

franko, thank you. I will try that. Although the issue was not that something was not loaded on the server. What was loaded on the server had incorrect code that I manually corrected. I wonder how a local publish then FTP would correct the fact that the published code on the server had references to my local machine. I will also note that I have used NoF 8 for years doing full and partial (mostly partial) direct publishing without issue. It's unfortunate I will now potentially need to add a step to perform the same task. Thanks again. I will try your suggestion and see if that fixes the issue so I will not have to correct the code with each publish.