Thread: Multi Layout Region - Should they all have unique ID?

Default Multi Layout Region - Should they all have unique ID?

Should all MLR's in a site have a unique ID? Or just unique on a page?

I'm updating a site, and all my MLR customizations have been lost when I did an optimize and template before embarking on the update.

As I'm looking at the MLRs, trying to identify which is which in my style page, I notice I have (at least) two called MultiLayoutRegion1 on different pages.

Is this a problem?

OK, now I see in the Styles Tree, they are called
    MultiLayoutRegion1accordion.css
    MultiLayoutRegion1accordion0.css
    MultiLayoutRegion1accordion1.css
    etc.

So now how do I know which is which?
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

I have an e-commerce site with multiple pages using MLR and every page has its own unique css file. Can't understand why they have their own when all the styles are the same. Didn't know the program was doing this until way into the design and then found all these css files. WOW. Unfortunately, I find at least, to find out what file the page is using is to look at the source code and see what css file it is linking to. I tried to find a way to make all pages link to the same css file , but no luck so far. 138 css files for MLR so far. Yikes!!

Steve

What a pain to have to publish to find the exact ID!

Also, I wish I wish upon a fish that I could define an MLR style for a site and have it automatically applied to all MLRs. It seems if I do a partial re-publish, my custom MLR styling gets lost on some pages.

I've been using the Style View to edit the MLR styling. There's a tutorial somewhere by the NO boys that talks of saving a CSS file and pasting it into your MLR CSS files to duplicate a style. Perhaps that would be a little more "sticky".
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in