Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Exporer 9 and Rotating Banner ads

  1. #1
    Junior Member jakinnaird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Thurmont, MD, USA
    Posts
    14

    Default Exporer 9 and Rotating Banner ads

    I have noticed that since upgrading to Intenet Explorer 9 I can longer view the rotating banner ads on my site. I can still see them on machnes running IE8, but not on the two running IE9.

    The banner ads are replaced with a rectangle showing a red X in the top left corner.

    I have tried republishing and have created new banner ads and they can not be seen in IE9.

    Am I missing a setting in Explorer or have others seen this probelm?

    Thanks, John

  2. #2
    Senior Member franko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    IE9 is a complete disaster and I've uninstalled it from all my machines. I can't comment on your problem in particular, but it doesn't surprise me. I've had an issue with IE9 interfering with photoshop cs5 scripting and automated processes. Kept the Adobe engineers occupied for about 2 months before I uninstalled IE9 and suddenly photoshop (and NoF) started working without any problem.

  3. #3
    Joe Rotello
    Guest

    Default Re: MS Internet Exporer 9 and Fusion websites

    On 3/2/2012 12:40 AM, franko wrote:
    > IE9 is a complete disaster and I've uninstalled it from all my machines.
    > I can't comment on your problem in particular, but it doesn't surprise
    > me. I've had an issue with IE9 interfering with photoshop cs5 scripting
    > and automated processes. Kept the Adobe engineers occupied for about 2
    > months before I uninstalled IE9 and suddenly photoshop (and NoF) started
    > working without any problem.
    >
    >

    The notion that MS IE9 is a pretty near disaster is quite correct. Those
    users used to other browsers will find using IE9 a negative experience
    for the most part.

    Also, the 64bit MS IE9 should not be run, but needs to be installed on
    most Windows 7 and higher machines. Instead, one USES MS IE9 32bit at
    all times, REGARDLESS if the OS system in use is Windows 7 64bit or
    32bit. MS IE9 64bit is a greater disaster.

    Web browsers based on the MS IE9 browser engine, for example
    SlimBrowser, actually operate and have "better" features than does MS
    IE9 itself.

    That said, most website creators might want to "warn off" their visitors
    that their sites may appear or operate best with the likes of Firefox,
    Chrome, SlimBrowser and so forth.

  4. #4
    Junior Member jakinnaird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Thurmont, MD, USA
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Well after reading and rereading the uninstall directions I had to use the FixIt function to remove IE9. IE8 automatically installed but I still can not see the rotating banners on my page. I can see them using other machines but not this one. Java also reinstalled after getting rid of IE9.
    I must be missing a setting in IE8 that is stopping the banner ads from displaying.

    http://www.thurmontfirst.com

    I just noticed that when I click the link I posted here the banner ads appear, but if I open an new IE8 session the banner ads do not show.

    Why would they appear from this link but not from a new explorer page?
    Last edited by jakinnaird; 03-05-2012 at 04:21 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Beach Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakinnaird View Post

    I just noticed that when I click the link I posted here the banner ads appear, but if I open an new IE8 session the banner ads do not show.

    Why would they appear from this link but not from a new explorer page?
    I have IE9 and your banners show just fine. Just got a new machine and the new W7 OS will not install IE8. NOF12 is working on it okay as well.

    As far as warding customers off IE9 - good luck! Any customer I have would not stand for it (as if they are going to tell their customers that!)
    That's just sending business elsewhere if you're looking to make a buck.

    Your problem looks to be something local to your machine. If it was at the server, then the same thing would appear everywhere. I'm guessing at changing how your browser cache's pages - set it to check for newer versions everytime.
    Last edited by Beach Ape; 03-08-2012 at 11:08 PM.

  6. #6

    Default

    Try resetting the setting for IE on the machine that has the problem, tools>Internetoptions>advanced, then select reset. Also make sure that Java is installed on that machine and the JIT is enabled in the advanced property of the browser.

    Quote Originally Posted by jakinnaird View Post
    Well after reading and rereading the uninstall directions I had to use the FixIt function to remove IE9. IE8 automatically installed but I still can not see the rotating banners on my page. I can see them using other machines but not this one. Java also reinstalled after getting rid of IE9.
    I must be missing a setting in IE8 that is stopping the banner ads from displaying.

    http://www.thurmontfirst.com

    I just noticed that when I click the link I posted here the banner ads appear, but if I open an new IE8 session the banner ads do not show.

    Why would they appear from this link but not from a new explorer page?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •