Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HELP!!!!! NOF12 was too slow so reoptimized and it wiped out my 898 pages!

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    Sry, but I disagree, the only acceptable backup is a template.
    Yeah, good luck with that. If even one tiny file is missing or moved, your template fails.

It doesn't make any sense to say that copying the ENTIRE FOLDER with EVERY SINGLE FILE from your website is not an acceptable way to make a backup. I've been doing this for years, since NOF is very very particular about having everything exactly in the same place in order to work. If you rely on a template, and then, say, add a second hard drive to your system, and move the files to your new D-drive, your template will fail.

Just MHO, it makes more sense to copy all the files that are used to CREATE the template, than to rely on an exported template.

Yeah, good luck with that. If even one tiny file is missing or moved, your template fails.
    It´s not a question of luck but keeping your assets tidy. And even if a file is missing you can still adjust the path again or add it.

If you rely on a template, and then, say, add a second hard drive to your system, and move the files to your new D-drive, your template will fail.
    This is definitly wrong. It doesn´t matter what you do with your files once you made a template. Because all the assets of your project are included in this template.
    That is the reason why a template is the only possible way to move a project from one computer to a different one.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten