Thread: problems with background images in fusion essentials

Default problems with background images in fusion essentials

Hello all, I have the free version of NetObject Fusion Essentials from the web. Great product but I've run up against a problem. When I include a background .jpg image for a layout page I have found that the image will duplicate itself to fill up the entire screen. For example, If I show a semi-transparent image of an airplane to be the background, Fusion will ultimately make multiple copies of that airplane to fill up the entire screen. I end up with eight or ten pictures of the same plane as the text goes down the page or to the right of the page when I only want one image of the plane to show.

Can I resize the picture to make it show only one image? If so, how big should the picture be?

Thanks in advance

- Bill

If you want a background picture that is not repeating you have to insert your picture in Style View.

I assume that you inserted the background pic in page view. So for start go into Page View, properties panel, tab background and change the setting back to automatic.

Then you go to Style View, scroll down to Body, mark the first line of text, in the properties panel select the background tab.
    Insert your background picture there and remove the ticks for repeating: Horizontal + Vertical.

The screen shows Style View in NOF11, but it´s basicly the same in your version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	background_no_re&#112.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	1124  
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Thanks Mia, I'll give that a try - Bill

Default HELP Still doesn't work

Mia, I tried what you said and it doesn't seem to work entirely. I think there may be a difference between the free version of Fusion and version on NOF11 ??

I went to the "style" button next to the "page" button on the main horizontal tool bar. I'm presented with a screen that will allow me to "edit the background" but the file name for the "properties" is grayed-out so I can't change it, and it has the filename "background.gif" filled in.

Since I couldn't change the filename, I went to the Styles folder for the particular web page I'm working on and replaced the stock "background.gif" with my own picture which I renamed to "background.gif" ( I did save the original background.gif)

This worked but the picture still keeps repeating. I could not find any selection for "horizontal" and "vertical" that would allow me to un-tick it to turn repeating off.

Am I doing this completely wrong or is there a difference between the Free Fusion Essentials and NOF11?

Thanks again for your help - Bill

Actually, I've refined my method. I should have clicked "style-> new style" which then lets me browse to the image I want.

However I still can't find any tick marks that let me remove the repeating "horizontal+vertical" Can you help?

Well, Essentials is a long time ago......
    But here we are.

Best is to undo everything you tried already because all the settings might get mixed up.
    Go to Style View and then click TEXT. First take the tick out of the Style properties "Read only".
    And then follow the screenshot.
    Repeat has to be set on NONE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	background_essen&#11.jpg 
Views:	529 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	1125  
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

That worked ! - Thanks !