Thread: New Version?

Default New Version?

I've seen the pattern many times. Every time NO has a big sale on any version that's been out for a while typically means an upgrade is on the way. Am I the only one that has noticed this over the years? Had every version since 2003.

-Steve

Thumbs up

I just came to the forum intending to ask the same question. I am using Fusion 11 and am tempted to upgrade.
    But, if 13 is coming out soon then I would rather wait and see what's new.

I also got a very tempting offer for NOF12 but as someone who was highly disappointed with NOF11 I moved away from the NOF series after using it since version 7.
    The upgrade cost isn't that bad under this offer they've made but having read some of the other comments it seems some people even think ver12 is just a bug fix and shouldn't even be described as NOF12.

Has anybody an opinion about upgrading or is NOF12 as described, just a bug fix update?

I would appreciate an opinion as I don't want to buy something which further diminishes my opinion of NOF

Edit... I'm very surprised there wasn't one response in 4 days from someone with an opinion about upgrading to NOF12. Not exactly a hive of activity this place is it?
    Last edited by jinker; 03-26-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jinker View Post

Has anybody an opinion about upgrading or is NOF12 as described, just a bug fix update?
    I would appreciate an opinion as I don't want to buy something which further diminishes my opinion of NOF
    Firstly, if you do upgrade, be sure to do all updates 1 and 3.

For me there are only 3 changes I am effected with.
    1. Auto generated images - you give up control. Mine will not be anything other than GIF. Some media plug-in also don't insert icons properly (i.e. once put in, NOF can't find it to publish)
    2. You get full use of PNG images on the page, in rollovers, site styles.
    3. Templates work better.

So in that sense, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. The PNG's were key.

Cheers Beach Ape.
    Thanks for replying. It seems to me the NOF 12 version is also one to miss as there's nothing that stands out as needed for my requirements. I've seen comments about changes under the 'hood' which reads to me; they fixed some stuff that was broken.
    Because of the heavy discount offer for NOF12 it could be there's a new version in the wings. I think it best I wait and see what they come up with. In the meantime v11 sits gathering dust. v7.5 still gets played with from time to time and the rest I haven't even given a thought about apart from the fact I came across a UK magazine that gave away v8 for free. I think they might have done that with v10 as well? I remember v7.5 with great affection but v11 was taking the mick imho and made me cautious about buying anything else. We wait for the next instalment