Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pop-up picture on mouse-over of hotspot

Where have they moved the hotspot tool???

Check your browser and firewall. Sometimes they can disallow popups.

Garry,

I found this in the documentation. But it's not working for me either. The fly out menu is not appearing! And I can't draw hotspots. Is this happening to you too?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Page view, click the Hotspot tool on the Standard toolbox, and select the appropriate tool from the flyout to create a rectangular, circular, or polygon hotspot.

Draw a hotspot on an image.

If you are using the Polygon Hotspot tool, you must click to establish each vertex of the polygon, then double-click to complete the hotspot shape.

The Link dialog appears.

In the Link dialog, select a link type—internal, smart, external, or file. See Creating Links.

Select a destination for the link and click the Link button.

Once a picture has hotspots, you can move it anywhere on the page and even copy and paste it elsewhere in the site without affecting the imagemap.

Back again. My NOF 12 hotspots are working now (well, most of them), in my case hotspots overlaid onto a map to produce pop-up images on mouseover. My process is as follows:

Load page
    Click on arrowhead next to hotspot tool (hand with yellow flash at fingertip on red square)
    Select required hotspot shape (square, circle, polygon)
    Draw hotspot on map (Link box appears)
    Select "Smart link"
    Select "Empty" (no target)
    Click on "Link"
    In Properties pane:
    Add alt text as required
    Click on HTML
    Add rel="imgtip[n]" to html (n is the tip number, 14 in example below)
    Click on OK

Publish page and upload to server

Then insert a line to the ddimgtooltip.js source to specify tip number, path to and filename of the image to be shown, and caption text
    e.g.
    tooltips[14]=["../assets/images/N-14.JPG","Caption text 14<br /> e.g. second line of caption"]

The path ../assets/images assumes that the script is in the html directory and the images directory contains the jpg files to be shown on mouseover. I have found that an appropriate jpg file size for my purposes is approx. 70 kB

I hope that this helps. It's specific to my needs, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    use the hotspot tool and draw a suitable shape or circle or rectangle and link it, choose file link and popup type, then click edit to edit the dimension of the popup, be sure to tick resizable, because some users may have different browsers and the picture maybe partially hidden, but the user can resize the window to reveal all

I would not select an image from the gallery db folder as these have a habit of renaming themselves from time to time and you will end up with broken links, but it can be done
    That's not a mouseover that's a hotspot you have to click.