Thread: Revamped site in NOF8 - getting 403 Forbidden even though files have uploaded fine

Red face Revamped site in NOF8 - getting 403 Forbidden even though files have uploaded fine

Hi all

I've not touched my site for quite some time apart from a few tweaks way back when. This week I've completely rewritten it, published it locally, then did the final transfer using the Publish Site button - everything connected, transfer went fine.

Only thing is, when I go to my browser to revel in my squeaky clean new site I get the following:

"Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

What do I need to do to get it to display - I'm using Firefox - latest version, WinXP. I've also used IE for the browser testing.

Actually it's now fine. Heh! It's been so long since I revamped my site - we're talking a handful of years here, apart from the occasional page updates - that I'd forgotten the brief period of non-accessibility while it gets its act together.

It works beautifully. But I'll leave this question up in case someone else wonders why they can't access their own brand-new squeaky clean site.