Thread: How to add the "Addthis" widget code to NOF 12 I can't get this to work at all . . .

Default How to add the "Addthis" widget code to NOF 12 I can't get this to work at all . . .

Any help would be appreciated . . .

Make a text box.
    Use CTRL-T or choose the Text drop-down / Insert HTML and paste in your AddThis code.

Just make sure you allow enough space in your design layout for the AddThis widgets to display - they will probably need more height than seems necessary

Thumbs down Didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Trimdoner View Post
    Make a text box.
    Use CTRL-T or choose the Text drop-down / Insert HTML and paste in your AddThis code.

Just make sure you allow enough space in your design layout for the AddThis widgets to display - they will probably need more height than seems necessary
    Any other ideas? It didnt work

Are you publishing to your web server? May not work under local publish as it will need to access the AddThis website to run the script.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Are you publishing to your web server? May not work under local publish as it will need to access the AddThis website to run the script.
    Yes, I am not that dense. Of course I published it. I have alot of background. I have tolerated the short comings of NOF for many years. Im about totaly fed up with it. I think its about time to move to Dreamweaver and more code. The training and support of this product is so poor. . .

Well, you didn't say you did that. In fact, you didn't say anything at all other than "someone please do this for me". So, like a Dell phone support rep that gets a caller saying "my computer don't work, what's wrong", I will ask, "do you have it plugged in", "is the power switch on", "are the lights in your house working", etc.

It would be helpful to the volunteers here if you outlined what you have done and what you've tried to do to fix it and perhaps even a link to the published page in question. We're not mind readers nor hand holders.

So, what have you done? What have you tried to do to fix it? Can you provide a link to the problem page?

Edit: Like this?
    Last edited by RayC; 04-18-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Quote Originally Posted by marknie View Post
    Any other ideas? It didnt work
    It works for me - on several different websites, e.g. This one or this one. These are done using a placed text box and inserted AddThis html code. Double check the code you've got from AddThis for errors - perhaps it's simply something such as a copy & paste that didn't pick up all the code?