Thread: Using Artisteer Templates

Default Using Artisteer Templates

After many years I've purchased a new version of NOF again, upgrading from V 4.0 to XII.
    As I oberserved that the templates still are a little dull, I wanted to use Artisteer to generate Templates and import the resulting sites as HTML.
    That, however, doesn't work. Even creating a new site from an existing site is not working.

NOF sees the site as to large to be importet and stops the process.

Has anyone sofar been able to import an Artisteer generted site?

AFAIK, Artseer generates templates for Wordpress, Joomla and other similar CMS type programs. NOF would have it's own proprietary format.

In general, the "Import existing site" used for creating a Fusion project file from an existing HTML site, does not work very well. We've all tried it, and all failed. It's easier, faster, and more reliable to use the existing site as a visual design guide and re-create the site manually in NOF.

To open an existing NOF project in a newer version, you should open the project in the original version of NOF that is was created in. Then use "Export as Template" to create a backup .ZIP file. Finally, in the newer version of NOF, select "New site from template" and select that .ZIP file.

Version 4. Wow. Must require a hammer and chisel to enter data...
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    AFAIK, Artseer generates templates for Wordpress, Joomla and other similar CMS type programs.
    Thanks for your quick response.

Artisteer also generates HTML-Templates.
    This is why I thought NOF12 would be able to import it.
    Other porgrams do, but NOF is the only one I know of that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by manni60320 View Post

Artisteer also generates HTML-Templates.
    This is why I thought NOF12 would be able to import it.
    Other porgrams do, but NOF is the only one I know of that doesn't.
    If the html is not to complicated and doesn't reference other things like java beans, applets, css files, et al NOF can import 'not too bad', so long as you do it local (import files residing on your machine, not remote). If you like an already existing site that you would like tweak and make your own, you would be better off using HTTrack to import to your machine, then use NOF to import from there.

Yes I so wish these would work with NOF. Especially since NOF seems to have given up completely on making new or good styles.