Thread: error code

Default error code

Coming back to Netobjects after a gap of a year or so I'm reminded why I hated it so much before and dumped it. Currently I'm getting an error message on opening that says line 38 character 5 access denied code 0 Do I wish to continue running scripts - do I? wtf does that mean?

And why can't I ever have a page the way I want it rather than the way it wants to be. Why does it insist on a right margin of 250 if I extend the middle bit to 850? Anyone know how to set pages the way I want them to be or does everything have to fit the Netobjects Stereotype?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quisquis View Post
    Coming back to Netobjects after a gap of a year or so I'm reminded why I hated it so much before and dumped it. Currently I'm getting an error message on opening that says line 38 character 5 access denied code 0 Do I wish to continue running scripts - do I? wtf does that mean?

And why can't I ever have a page the way I want it rather than the way it wants to be. Why does it insist on a right margin of 250 if I extend the middle bit to 850? Anyone know how to set pages the way I want them to be or does everything have to fit the Netobjects Stereotype?

thanks
    Version 10 is pretty old now.

Everything is infinitely adjustable. Don't take this the wrong way but have you read the manual? You will find a link to it on the opening page.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	users_guide.gif 
Views:	267 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	1157
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Of course I haven't read the manual ("When all else fails read the instructions"). But Netobjects is deeply flawed in its assumption that everyone has the time to gain a PhD in Netobjectery rather than follow a simple list of instructions to achieve what they want to do and move on with their lives. ("If you haven't already created a suite - wtf is a suite? - go back and do it now....."). I just want a site, I don't want to wallow in building a site. And thanks for the plug but it's going to be a long time at this rate before we're ready to shunt anything into the clouds.

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks but nope. After another day wasted pissing around with this crap I'm not in the mood for a whole new set of jargon. At the moment I'm trying to follow the other tutorial. It's telling me the forms handler manager can't be on the same page as the forms handler, but it hasn't mentioned that before and doesn't tell me what to do about it

Quote Originally Posted by quisquis View Post
    Thanks but nope. After another day wasted pissing around with this crap I'm not in the mood for a whole new set of jargon.
    Translation - I don't know how this software works and when people offer me advice I throw it back at them.

It's telling me the forms handler manager can't be on the same page as the forms handler, but it hasn't mentioned that before and doesn't tell me what to do about it.
    Could it be it has to be on a different page? Surely not. No, can't be ion the same page must mean something else.