Thread: Menu buttons non clickable top level

Default Menu buttons non clickable top level

I have a menu with some sub pages. I cant work out how to hover over the main page & make this non clickable whilst still being able to click the sub pages.
    So I am building a new socials page "socials" as the main button, when I hover I will eventually see 3 other buttons with content I dont want people to be able to click the "socials" button, any help gratefully received.
    www.felphamsailing.co.uk

You need to change your navigation bar from the default "Site" structure to "Custom". You then add in whatever pages you want to appear on the nav bar.

Then you can Add Title which is just a Nav Bar placeholder. You'll notice the icon looks different because it doesn't need an actual site page. Then below the Title as a sub page add your flyout pages.

Et voila!
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    You need to change your navigation bar from the default "Site" structure to "Custom". You then add in whatever pages you want to appear on the nav bar.

Then you can Add Title which is just a Nav Bar placeholder. You'll notice the icon looks different because it doesn't need an actual site page. Then below the Title as a sub page add your flyout pages.

Et voila!
    Thanks for your response, I highlight the menu then try & select custom on the navigation bar properties but it wont let me do this.

In MasterBorder Properties do you have "Protect MasterBorder from editing" checked?

Have you tried inserting a new Nav Bar (leaving the original there for the moment)?

P.S. A free tip: On the Committee page, you've got gigantic photos (1600 x 2000) scaled and displayed as approximately 150x140. Even though they are displayed small, a visitors browser will still load the entire (large) image for each of the photos. The photos should be resized and cropped to the exact dimensions that are to be displayed on the page. This will:

a.) reduce load times for visitors
    b.) allow you to eliminate the squished head effect
    Last edited by RayC; 05-19-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

If you are still having problems you can go over my nav bar tutorial which should point you in the right direction

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4073
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Ray,

Many thanks for the tip on photos I will sort them out.
    I re created the menue & followed your instructions it works great, many thanks for your help

Colin