Thread: new update has clobbered our website created two versions ago...

Default new update has clobbered our website created two versions ago...

First, we have saved copies and always save before allowing conversion to new update. Problem is that we cannot use saved copies for publication because they are now incompatible w/NOF.

Problems created by updates:
    1. objects (text objects -- there are no graphics) all overlap. (525 pages to correct)
    2. many internal hyperlinks now indicate 'no page' and need to be re set
    3. many pages have been cleared of all text objects

Each update of NOF is slower and now takes fifteen to twenty seconds to bring up new page if you click on the page image. If you use the navigation table it is much faster but still slower than before. It used to make no difference which way you opened a new page.

Subject web sites are: hiwayexits.info and hiwayexits.mobi (for smart fones). Both are presently functioning from earlier versions of NOF but now can't be updated.

Is there a safe way to go back to earlier versions of NOF?

TIA

Zzyvko

I first encountered Fusion when working for a DoD agency and Fusion was owned by IBM. It may not have been as replete with bells and whistles then but it was a great program and one of the easiest user interfaces. And it did what it was supposed to do -- unlike the present version.

Did you Export as Template from the old version then import into v.12? This is the only way to safely migrate to a newer version.

The relevant tutorials courtesy of GotFusion:

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=17

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=2
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Thank you, Ray...

When I used NOF previously there were no updates. You used what you got and if there was a problem you asked one of the IBM reps. They said, "It's not our program but I think I can find an answer for you..." -- and they always did. NOF really spoiled me but then it was suddenly no more. Front Page came out so the DoD brought that in. NOF is heavy on mouseing, FrontPage primarily uses keyboarding which is much faster but I like to see what I am getting (which you don't w/keyboarded commands).

We have been redoing both web sites. The .mobi one is a new venture and we have encountered a lot of "didn't say" situations (like typeface restrictions). Trying to cram a web site into that tiny screen is really a challenge.

Again, thanks for the swift response.

Zzyvko

Fusion changed the default publish method and naming conventions with the release of version 12

Check to see if your previous project was published by asset type (had an html folder for pages) or by site structure (each page has its own folder). You change the publish method from Publish View > publish (menu choice) > Arrange files (option)

The default naming convention for spaces was changed from under scores _ to hyphens - You can change this back in the program defaults Menu choice tools > options > current site > Html options (button) setting is called "Convert URL spaces to:"
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz