Thread: Troubles with layout width

Default Troubles with layout width

Hello everybordy,

First of all, I'm very sorry about my english : it's not my mother language, so please forgive me if my english is not good enough.
    Second : I don't use NOF 12, but a free version called NOF 1&1 edition. As I didn't find any section talking about it, and my question is quite general, I chose to post here.

My problem :
    After working a while on my website project, I discovered the possiblity to add a left margin (master border), which was very good for me as I wanted my address and phone number, as well as a link toward the site map, being always visible.
    So I added this "margin".
    But...
    After doing so, my layout became too large. It was set up to 1280 pixels, but since there is now a 280 left margin, I would like my layout to measure exactly 1000 pixels wide.
    I tried to change it, but this size keeps going back to previous (1280).
    Any one here could tell me how to fix this ?
    I would like to set my layout on a width of 1000 pixels, definitely.
    Didn't find how to in the NOF Help...

Thank you

There is a small slider on the top ruler that is used to adjust overall page width.

However, if you have items in your layout that don't fit within that width, it will cause your layout width to expand to accommodate them. You may need to move or resize some graphics, adjust the size and position of text boxes or tables to allow the adjustment to be done.

Also, you may need to adjust each page for width.

HTH

P.S. Your English is fine.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

OK, great, I'm gonna try this riht now ! I'm very pleased to obtain such a quick response, thank you very much for your help.

What do you think about page size in general ? : is there a way to be sure that my website will display properly, whatever the screen of the visitor is (I mean the width of the screen).
    What is generaly the "good" width for a page ?
    And finally, in the "HTML output" menu (under Layout properties), the drop-down menu propose a "Dynamic page layout - All browsers" option (as well as a "Site setting" option, and a "Fixed page layout" option) : what do you think about this ? Should I choose the "Dynamic" thing if I want my pages to adapt to the screen width of my visitors ?