Thread: Multiple photo albums

Default Multiple photo albums

Hello Experts,

I have successfully mounted multiple photo albums (to permit the insertion of specific titles) on a single page, as may be seen here:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.pariskkm.force9.co.uk/html/recent_sightings.html
    . However, when I reopen the site for updating I am presented with an error message: "Damaged objects have been found in the Layout and have been deleted." Inspection of the Site tree reveals that the thumbnails for all but the first album have been removed and the individual stacks of photos have been promoted from the Grandchild level to the Child level. I have already tried, unsuccessfully, to abstract the relevant page from the saved Template.

My question for the assembled experts is: Can multiple albums be mounted on a single page in such a manner that NOF will regurgitate the page and not throw a tantrum.

Thanks in anticipation of your sage enlightenment,

Derek.

Yes they can, because I did it here. Can't remember if there were any issues involved as I did this site a long time ago in v10 but I don't remember having your problem. So I can't tell you how; only that it can be done. Not much help but maybe a bit of encouragement to persist.

Thanks, Franco, for the encouragement. I observe that your example is based on a Flash gallery, which I prefer to avoid. Not everybody likes the razz-ma-tazz, and those on Mac-based devices can't see them at all (allegedly!). For the moment I have cleared the albums and will, until a solution is found, use separate Child pages for each album, linked back to titles on the Parent page. Clumsy, I think, but practical.

Derek.

I did say it was a long time ago. Iphone and iPad hadn't come out then :-)

If you're using the non-flash gallery then I seem to remember that you are correct; you cannot place more than one on a page. Frankly I haven't used the NoF gallery component for a very long time. However, although I haven't tried it, I don't see any reason you cannot place more than one visual lightbox or similar application gallery on one page, as the head script only needs to be placed once and the gallery scripts are placed where the gallery is to appear on the page. There has been a lot of discussion on Visual Light Box in these forums so you should be able to solve any problems that come up. Personally I prefer VLB or similar JQuery galleries to flash for the very reason you've mentioned above.