Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my hard drive and my Net Objects but have my link for the NOF XII upgrade

Default Lost my hard drive and my Net Objects but have my link for the NOF XII upgrade

HELP! I lost my hard drive where my NOF XII program was stored but the good news is that my .nod file was on another hard drive and the .nod file is just fine. I have the link for the download for NOF XII when I upgraded from 7 to 12. Can I just click on that link and get my NOF XII back and be up and running again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisyts View Post
    HELP! I lost my hard drive where my NOF XII program was stored but the good news is that my .nod file was on another hard drive and the .nod file is just fine. I have the link for the download for NOF XII when I upgraded from 7 to 12. Can I just click on that link and get my NOF XII back and be up and running again?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi chrisyts,

The nod file does not contain any assets (images, scripts, etc) that you may have used in your site project. Did you also save the assets folder on another drive? Are/were your images stored on this second drive as well? Finally, did you have this site published on the net? Verifying the assets in the site should not be too big of a problem if you have the assets in one of these locations.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Default Answer to Adama

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hi chrisyts,

The nod file does not contain any assets (images, scripts, etc) that you may have used in your site project. Did you also save the assets folder on another drive? Are/were your images stored on this second drive as well? Finally, did you have this site published on the net? Verifying the assets in the site should not be too big of a problem if you have the assets in one of these locations.
    Adam - Thanks for responding. My .nod file is on my D drive and my assets are also stored on that drive, too and they are both safe. My website has been published up on the web and has been there for years. The only thing I don't have is the program that was stored on the C Drive with my other programs. I do have the link to the upload plus my registration number. The company I bought the upgrade to NOF XII from, did send me my link that I used last year to upgrade and also the registration number.

My concern is this. I don't understand how upgrades work. I upgraded from NOF 7. Does the NOF XII upgrade require any of the elements of 7 which are now gone and I would be installing on a brand new hard drive. That's my concern. Didn't want to click on anything until I had an answer to that question. Bottomline, is the upgrade a stand-alone product that can be reinstalled when there isn't an old version on the hard drive?

I look forward to your reply. I am hoping that I don't have to start all over since I have over 900 pages on my website!

Chris

The upgrade is a standalone program but it will ask for your v7 serial number to install. To the best of my understanding, that is. I don't work for NO so there may be more up to date information but this was the case last time I reinstalled (and I do that on average every one or two years as I find windows clutters up so much in that time as to be almost unusable).

Hi Chris,

Franko is right: installing the NOF XII upgrade only requires a serial number of a previous version (in your case NOF 7), not the actual NOF 7 program being installed on your hard drive or the NOF 7 installation CD loaded. Just the NOF 7 serial number.

HTH

Thanks Wandelpas. I will try reinstalling it from the link.

I have installed the upgrade on my computer and that worked just fine so NOF XII is sitting out there. So thanks for all your help to all of you who responded. You gave me the courage to go ahead! I found the .nod file and clicked on it and now am getting this message.
    This file was created by a later version of NOF and can't be opened. Please upgrade to the latest version of Net Objects Fusion.

The last time this file was opened was May 24, 2012. So does anyone have any idea of what is going on?

I would appreciate hearing from all of you.

Chris

I found a window that said I should upgrade to the lastest NOF XII and I installed that. Now when I try to open the file, I get the same message as before.

Anyone have any ideas as how I can solved this problem and get up and running?

Thanks so much.

Do you have the latest updates applied? You may have applied them to your old installation and if this installation isn't updated then you will get the message you're receiving when opening any sites created with a later update in place. If that makes sense...

I applied the one upgrade but I am now going out to their website and see if there is another more current upgrade. The only I downloaded said it was from December. Thanks Franko.