Thread: Banner not centered

Default Banner not centered

The banner in the master border on the pages of the website I am building centers horizontally on the first page, but on the left on all subsequent pages. Any ideas what I may have done to cause this? I don't know if it's appropriate or not, but I can provide the url to the site.

Gi2

Do you have "Center page in browser" checked off for on each of the pages? This is not a global setting, and must be done for all pages.

And, yes, a URL is acceptable and helpful to post as it's not always clear from the description exactly what is going on.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

I probably do not have "Center page in browser" checked on every page, and I cannot find it in the help files. Can you point me in the right direction?

http://www.woodyswinetours.com/ is the URL. I welcome all suggestion, and I really appreciate your help.

Gi2

Centre in browser is a checkbox on the Layout Properties Inspector. You have to check it for each page as Ray mentions. It's a royal PITA because you always invariably miss one or two, especially if you're building quite a lot of pages. Important to check each page when you publish to make sure you haven't missed one (you will).

The width of your content is different on various pages. The "About Us" page, for example, is way wider than the others. This makes the overall page width different, and thus the page center relative to the banner and the browser window is different.

You need to ensure your content container width is the same for all pages to prevent shifting.

You will also get a slight shift with short vs. long pages as the browser inserts a scroll bar on the longer pages. Do a search in this forum, or on Google, to force the scroll bar to appear regardless of page length. I don't have the info at my finger tips, but it's been covered several times.

HTH
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

If you go here: http://www.nof-schule.de/netobjects-...netobject.html

Go to the "How to force the browser scroll bar to be always visible" Section

You will find a NetObjects specific way to do just that!

You guys are the best!! Without your help, I would no doubt have given up by now. Instead I am off to add more content and fix the page widths. Thank you!!!!

g