Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of purchasing NOF12? Hope you don't need support. 11-year customer here.

Angry Thinking of purchasing NOF12? Hope you don't need support. 11-year customer here.

I've been a customer of Net Objects for a long, long time. I started doing business with them sometime around 2001. I have purchased NOF versions 4, 5, 7 and 11. I was even profiled by them as a testimonial on the website. I've recommended the software to dozens of people and even written about it publicly. I've purchased templates, upgrades, and spent probably close to $1,000 with the company.

I am ATTEMPTING to purchase 12, but it seems to be fraught with difficulties and little in the way of "solution." I submitted a support ticket and asked someone to call me. Nope. I get told to submit screen shots. It should be no problem to see that I have not downloaded the software and based on my reading, my experience hardly seem unique. The website seems to have no problem processing my payment, but giving me the download link? Uh, no. I wonder if they authored the payment interface in NOF 12?

There is no support number to call, the online documentation is either non-existent or a joke, half the links pull up a 404. This does not engender a sense of confidence in this product and I am seriously considering just canceling my order and switching to a new web authoring solution as I am now concerned that any future problems will be met with this level of customer service. The fact that I have been using NOF for 11 years now and that I am willing to relearn a new software package and switch all my 500+ webpages should tell you something.

I recommend anyone considering purchasing this software think long and hard, because if you run into problems, your choices are going to be to post here on the forum, or submit a ticket that may take days to get a response.

I will be researching competitor's products while I wait for someone to respond to my issues.

Thats not new, you should have sen me trying to find these people!, they have no support at all, they don't fix bugs and send pre-packeged messages that basically tell you sorry sucker your on your own.

Eventually a smart millionaire who has some balls will buy teh company becuase the program has enourmous potential and will make it a household name for web publishing, but for now be lucky it doesn;t take you one hour to upload a single page to your site!

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon View Post
    I've been a customer of Net Objects for a long, long time. I started doing business with them sometime around 2001. I have purchased NOF versions 4, 5, 7 and 11. I was even profiled by them as a testimonial on the website. I've recommended the software to dozens of people and even written about it publicly. I've purchased templates, upgrades, and spent probably close to $1,000 with the company.

I am ATTEMPTING to purchase 12, but it seems to be fraught with difficulties and little in the way of "solution." I submitted a support ticket and asked someone to call me. Nope. I get told to submit screen shots. It should be no problem to see that I have not downloaded the software and based on my reading, my experience hardly seem unique. The website seems to have no problem processing my payment, but giving me the download link? Uh, no. I wonder if they authored the payment interface in NOF 12?

There is no support number to call, the online documentation is either non-existent or a joke, half the links pull up a 404. This does not engender a sense of confidence in this product and I am seriously considering just canceling my order and switching to a new web authoring solution as I am now concerned that any future problems will be met with this level of customer service. The fact that I have been using NOF for 11 years now and that I am willing to relearn a new software package and switch all my 500+ webpages should tell you something.

I recommend anyone considering purchasing this software think long and hard, because if you run into problems, your choices are going to be to post here on the forum, or submit a ticket that may take days to get a response.

I will be researching competitor's products while I wait for someone to respond to my issues.
    Hi Canyon,

I searched for a ticket under your email address (the one registered here on the forum) but I couldn't find it. I was able to locate your order and found that your soft download cap was reached. I increased it and extended your download. I also resent your confirmation email in case you need the login info again. Please try downloading your software again at this time. PM me if you continue to have issues.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

I got it downloaded. I have no idea how it reached the cap because the download never began. This should be visible to you as in when I attempted to make all these downloads. I shouldn't have to go to a forum to have my support issues addressed. I am not some idiot, or some new user that doesn't understand -- I am a long term customer who has been doing business with you for years. I asked for a support call and DID NOT GET ONE. I get that you don't want to publish your telephone number, but to not respond to a request for a call is absurd.

I've also been using NOF for a long time. Started with V4, 5, 7 & now I've been on 7.5 for a while. Every time I updated, 1 month later, a new version would come out. So I've been watching V12 for a while, waiting for V13. Seems like 12 has been out forever. I was considering an update and wanted to ask some questions, but the original poster is right, there is no Ph # and lots of 404 errors in their site.

So now I'm scared to death to update. The company seems invisible. I think they've been bought/sold twice since I start using NOF. Looks to me like they stopped development and are just living off of people that update from the older versions.

Do you have representation in the USA?
    Is there someone I can talk to about upgrading?
    Is there a new version coming out soon?

Mike

I agree what you are saying I been using NOF when the dinosaurs left earth and I think at that time NOF support also disappeared
    We encounter some conflicts while some dummies with no intelligent post you a reply in mumbo jumbo Funny I create many video tutorials for students to learn computing and NOF hasn’t considered seeing is more undemanding
    modsmedia

I also agree with above, been using NOF from 1998. after NOF 10, I stop buy/upgrading till something great came out. I came here today to buy the lastest but something is telling me to start looking somewhere else. it would be nice if the had a Trial so i could see what i'm buying. been looking to update all year but something turns me off of NOF. also the thing about customer support, for me and I think most of use. I never use it in the later years. i the begaining I did. but if i had a problem like buying a new product and it don't work, i want to be able to pick up the phone and call someone..

Until today, I haven't upgraded either, but come on. If you can get the product for 39 bucks, and still asking for a trial...

Also, that's the development in all the software industry, to transfer support into web forums. You can get much better expertise here than from some people in a call center in India or whereever, you formerly could "personally" speak to. If the company gives the software to you nearly for free, how do you think they can pay experts for sitting at the telephone?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcustomer View Post
    I also agree with above, been using NOF from 1998. after NOF 10, I stop buy/upgrading till something great came out. I came here today to buy the lastest but something is telling me to start looking somewhere else. it would be nice if the had a Trial so i could see what i'm buying. been looking to update all year but something turns me off of NOF. also the thing about customer support, for me and I think most of use. I never use it in the later years. i the begaining I did. but if i had a problem like buying a new product and it don't work, i want to be able to pick up the phone and call someone..

Default product for 39 bucks & customer support

Trial - i don't know were you can get NOF 12 for $39. its $199 on NOF website, can't upgrade to 12 if the last one i own is 10. In the past, NOF always had a trials. however the last trial i used was 4 or maybe MX.

Customer Support - the 1st post in this thread was a user that could not download his new product, look at the time it took company support to reply. too long if you on the spot needing it to work. support into web forums is great but sometimes you need to make a call or quick email response

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Until today, I haven't upgraded either, but come on. If you can get the product for 39 bucks, and still asking for a trial...

Also, that's the development in all the software industry, to transfer support into web forums. You can get much better expertise here than from some people in a call center in India or whereever, you formerly could "personally" speak to. If the company gives the software to you nearly for free, how do you think they can pay experts for sitting at the telephone?

The "trial" is called "Essentials". It is a common practice these days to have a less feature-rich version for a freebie. So NOF uses an older version of NOF as their free "trial" version.

If you were properly registered with NOF, you would have received their special offer of a full version for $39. It was offered in September, then extended through October. Search the forum -- I've posted the coupon code a couple of times (it might still work).

As far as upgrades, I'm pretty sure you can upgrade from any version. Apparently folks have upgraded from the free "Essentials", so I'm not sure where you got the "can't upgrade to 12".
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in