Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secure FTP SFTP in fusion 11 incompatable with Yahoo Website building Help!

How do I connect Fusion 12 up to Filezilla ?? & then make it upload to yahoo???????

I am so stuck.

I'm not a pro web guy, I just liked fusion as I could use it pretty easy. Now Yahoo has gone to ftps, please please somebody help.

Twayne

Default Re: Secure FTP SFTP in fusion 11 incompatable with Yahoo Website building Help!

In news:Yetifan.5qagyz@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    Yetifan <Yetifan.5qagyz@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > How do I connect Fusion 12 up to Filezilla ?? & then make
    > it upload to yahoo???????
    >
    > I am so stuck.
    >
    > I'm not a pro web guy, I just liked fusion as I could use
    > it pretty easy. Now Yahoo has gone to ftps, please please
    > somebody help.

Is this a thread hijack? I hesitate to bother responding because it appears
    to be hijacking the thread and looks like it should be a New post.

Please post this as a New post, and add some more detail. One of the frst
    things I wondered about was if NOF could still upload files for you?

NOF uses ftp for uploads. FileZilla is an ftp uploader. They are not
    connected to/with each other; are two sepaparate programs.

Check at your server admn; switchng to secure ftp in either NOF OR FZ is
    simple to do. It might be as simple as changng ftp to ftps, but I'm not
    certain based on your lack of information.

HTH,

Twayne`

Default Back to original problem!

I don't care if anyone "Hi-Jacks" this thread. The issue remains..

Yahoo gave its users a repreeve by NOT moving to FTPS but now they went FTPS AGAIN. It is clear that fusion 11 cannot handle ftps tls and Oddly enough the user who has issues with Fusion 12 indicates to me that the fusion people DID NOT address the issue, since I am stuck with fusion 11 and refuse to move foreword (lack of trust), I am in a pickle.

Simply said FUSION 11 and MOST VERY LIKELY 12 does not work with ftps tl..

In Order to use fusion to post your site you will have to publich locally and then use filezilla to copy files to your directory on yahoo OR move to an ISP that does support the normal FTP, which by the way is also unsecure just a little LESS unsecure.

Still if anyone finds a decent fix for the FTP issue in Fusion 11 I would like an answer out of curiosity for myself, I not longer have any serious clients using fusion (Except myself) so its no skin off my back.

Michael

Fusion 12 also DOES NOT support secure FTP, I upgraded cause $9.95 was worth the risk, SO far I see some pro-active improvements but all else remains the same.

If the program CAN'T do something then it should not offer the option and advertise it can, E-Commerce, FTP, and a dozen other features like a safe backup have not been addressed yet, oh well... My site still runs on NOF I suppose cause I am crazy.

If anybody figures out how to secure FTP with fusion 12 please drop me a note, filezilla method is just another distraction.

Michael

Yep.Correct. I had problems with 12 and Yahoo...just kind of let my site go into disarray since I piggybacked with another guy on another site. Just got off the phone with Yahoo support. They said NOF was the problem. Suggested I try Filezilla.

So I have had at least 5 emails from Steve Raubenstine over the past 6 months offering me great deals to move up to NOF 13. I finally replied tonight saying if he had a direct fix for the Yahoo FTP issue...I'd buy 13...else...I'm out of here for good.

And oh...by the way...I have had NOF since Version 6.

Default Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    1) local publish
    2) filezilla
    3) done

Simple.

Yes this works, and WAS not a a big big deal, but I bought fusion not FileZilla (which is an exceptional program on its own), so when FileZilla had options I KNOW had yet another company to deal with or a "weak Link" in the chain where I no longer had a simply methodology.

BUT yes, it could have been worse.

Thank you
    Duf