Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Secure FTP SFTP in fusion 11 incompatable with Yahoo Website building Help!

How do I connect Fusion 12 up to Filezilla ?? & then make it upload to yahoo???????

I am so stuck.

I'm not a pro web guy, I just liked fusion as I could use it pretty easy. Now Yahoo has gone to ftps, please please somebody help.

Twayne

Default Re: Secure FTP SFTP in fusion 11 incompatable with Yahoo Website building Help!

In news:Yetifan.5qagyz@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    Yetifan <Yetifan.5qagyz@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > How do I connect Fusion 12 up to Filezilla ?? & then make
    > it upload to yahoo???????
    >
    > I am so stuck.
    >
    > I'm not a pro web guy, I just liked fusion as I could use
    > it pretty easy. Now Yahoo has gone to ftps, please please
    > somebody help.

Is this a thread hijack? I hesitate to bother responding because it appears
    to be hijacking the thread and looks like it should be a New post.

Please post this as a New post, and add some more detail. One of the frst
    things I wondered about was if NOF could still upload files for you?

NOF uses ftp for uploads. FileZilla is an ftp uploader. They are not
    connected to/with each other; are two sepaparate programs.

Check at your server admn; switchng to secure ftp in either NOF OR FZ is
    simple to do. It might be as simple as changng ftp to ftps, but I'm not
    certain based on your lack of information.

HTH,

Twayne`

Default Back to original problem!

I don't care if anyone "Hi-Jacks" this thread. The issue remains..

Yahoo gave its users a repreeve by NOT moving to FTPS but now they went FTPS AGAIN. It is clear that fusion 11 cannot handle ftps tls and Oddly enough the user who has issues with Fusion 12 indicates to me that the fusion people DID NOT address the issue, since I am stuck with fusion 11 and refuse to move foreword (lack of trust), I am in a pickle.

Simply said FUSION 11 and MOST VERY LIKELY 12 does not work with ftps tl..

In Order to use fusion to post your site you will have to publich locally and then use filezilla to copy files to your directory on yahoo OR move to an ISP that does support the normal FTP, which by the way is also unsecure just a little LESS unsecure.

Still if anyone finds a decent fix for the FTP issue in Fusion 11 I would like an answer out of curiosity for myself, I not longer have any serious clients using fusion (Except myself) so its no skin off my back.

Michael

Fusion 12 also DOES NOT support secure FTP, I upgraded cause $9.95 was worth the risk, SO far I see some pro-active improvements but all else remains the same.

If the program CAN'T do something then it should not offer the option and advertise it can, E-Commerce, FTP, and a dozen other features like a safe backup have not been addressed yet, oh well... My site still runs on NOF I suppose cause I am crazy.

If anybody figures out how to secure FTP with fusion 12 please drop me a note, filezilla method is just another distraction.

Michael

Yep.Correct. I had problems with 12 and Yahoo...just kind of let my site go into disarray since I piggybacked with another guy on another site. Just got off the phone with Yahoo support. They said NOF was the problem. Suggested I try Filezilla.

So I have had at least 5 emails from Steve Raubenstine over the past 6 months offering me great deals to move up to NOF 13. I finally replied tonight saying if he had a direct fix for the Yahoo FTP issue...I'd buy 13...else...I'm out of here for good.

And oh...by the way...I have had NOF since Version 6.

Default Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    1) local publish
    2) filezilla
    3) done

Simple.

Yes this works, and WAS not a a big big deal, but I bought fusion not FileZilla (which is an exceptional program on its own), so when FileZilla had options I KNOW had yet another company to deal with or a "weak Link" in the chain where I no longer had a simply methodology.

BUT yes, it could have been worse.

Thank you
    Duf

Quote Originally Posted by Duftopia View Post
    You know I've seen you give GOOD advice to a number of fusion people, and I've used allot of that advice.

The bottom line is that using another software package because your web publishing package cannot perform its one primary task, publish w/o issues has me disappointed again (to say the least).

Now how do I tell clients using both services that they have to use filezilla and/or another "hack" or "Public" domain program to fix THIS new issue.

I keep building a client base for the fusion people and they keep destroying it, the google search modules went bad recently, preparing a 900 page website for uploading typically takes over an hour, copy and paste even "unformatted" is a mine field, the backup system stopped working around fusion 6 or MX and now secure FTP really isn't a functioning service either?

Is there any way to jury rig some of these problems like pass a crypt key to the target server, like a registry entry, I know I ask allot but fusion has so many many good points that its hard to beleave I am faced again with a dead-end with no support from the fusion team at all!

BUT I must thank you for the help, I will get the program and play with it, maybe I can write a powershell and/or batch program that I can somehow link to the app to run it, but its more than likely I will lose half my client base AGAIN to dreamweaver, and that has no user friendly GUI and is hard to code in.

Michael n.
    Hi I hope you have found something helpful to your issue, but if you have doesn't solved it yet then a lot of searched on net I have found this article from yahoo official site and I think it is helpful for this issue which you are having with yahoo.

here: https://help.smallbusiness.yahoo.net/s/article/SLN20427

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    Hi I hope you have found something helpful to your issue, but if you have doesn't solved it yet then a lot of searched on net I have found this article from yahoo official site and I think it is helpful for this issue which you are having with yahoo.

here: https://help.smallbusiness.yahoo.net/s/article/SLN20427
    You do realize you are posting a response to a post from 3 years ago, right?

This is a very very simple problem to solve by just avoiding it. NOF uses the traditional default secure FTP on port 22 protocol that has been in use for decades. But hosting companies seem to just pick any secure FTP protocol that is NOT standard. If people who want to make websites and use servers, they need to learn a few more things about everything associated with web sites. When they plead stupidity, they will pay with problems like this one. Nobody is going to pre-think everything for them so they don't make mistakes. The world doesn't work that way.

Your hosting company changed their protocol servers, so why aren't you blaming them???

IF I was going to sign up for web hosting, one of the first things I would find out is what FTP protocols are used by the hosting company. If they didn't match the software protocols I use, it would be I am gone. And software makers are not going to install every possible FTP client in existence into their software like some very sad ass people think they should so they don't have to think too much.

I get real tired of reading whiners who want somebody else to do everything for them so they can do nothing.
    Last edited by john west; 03-23-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Here you can see all restaurants latest menu price with latest updates. If you need to know Burger King or McDoanld's menu price list before going to the restaurant or ordering any food online, you can easily view and check out the price list here of your favorite food items.

Here in this portal, we are providing all restaurant latest menu price with updates like you can check below Latest menu prices list 2021.