Thread: Freeze-outs on Preview or Publish (NOF_v12)

Angry Freeze-outs on Preview or Publish (NOF_v12)

NOF_v12 seems to have some bugs that weren't there in version 11, the worse of which being that the GUI constantly freezes and the application stops working, especially when I attempt to Preview or Publish locally. On occasions, NOF_v12 has erased objects and I have had to re-create them, which is very time-consuming.

I have already ran Update_3, and I have taken the advice to use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+P to preview. This reduces the frequency of crashes but they still happen too often.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this, or do I just have to wait until the next service patch/update comes out? Is there another keyboard shortcut to Publish (as with Preview)?

Thanks,

Shaedandu

Shaedandu,

If you could provide some technical details about your computer, that would be helpful. Please either PM the information to myself, or submit it to NetObjects technical support selecting option Other and indicate that it should be forwarded to development.

Relevant information would include:

* Operating system name, architecture, service pack (e.g. Windows XP SP3, Vista 32-bit SP2, Windows 7 64-bit SP1)
    * Version number of Internet Explorer (check IE about box)
    * Antivirus software name and version
    * Firewall software name and version
    * System memory installed (e.g. 1 GB)
    * Java run-time environment version (Under first tab of Application Options dialog in Fusion, what JRE is selected)

Thanks in advance.

This problem has been reported by quite a large number of people and I occasionally experience it also. But I long ago got into the habit of pressing Ctrl-S whenever I do something that I don't want to have to do again. Regular saving is the best defensive strategy I've found.

However, I should point out that I also experience this problem with Photoshop CS5, InDesign and a number of other programs so it's not limited to NoF.

Thanks for the responses, guys... I'm still trying to check the technical specifications of my PC.

I'll get back to you soon.

Adrian McG
    [Shaedandu]

in case your PC has an antivirus software installed, I would exclude the entire NetObjects folder and User Sites folder from being scanned

lots of AV software is getting too crazy

go to accessories, system tools, system information and copy the system summary in your reply

I've been using NOF since ver 1 and I'm getting the same thing.

This is a real pain and to keep saving work at so many different steps is a MUST as NOF 12 freezes and crashes so much even on a state of the art machine with huge mem and hard drives.

I really think that NOF needs to start getting the program to RUN. Forget all the hype and sales materials. If the program keeps crashing. W#hat good is it? IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedandu View Post
    NOF_v12 seems to have some bugs that weren't there in version 11, the worse of which being that the GUI constantly freezes and the application stops working, especially when I attempt to Preview or Publish locally. On occasions, NOF_v12 has erased objects and I have had to re-create them, which is very time-consuming.

I have already ran Update_3, and I have taken the advice to use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+P to preview. This reduces the frequency of crashes but they still happen too often.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this, or do I just have to wait until the next service patch/update comes out? Is there another keyboard shortcut to Publish (as with Preview)?

Thanks,

Shaedandu