Thread: navigation "standard" toolbox??

Default navigation "standard" toolbox??

help!! I've written a whole site by sticking to simple stuff and not getting involved with NOF's idiosyncratic weird bits. And now the little navigation bar at the bottom has disappeared and I can't get it back. Help says
    Select the Button Navigation Bar tool or the Text Navigation Bar tool from the Navigation flyout on the Standard toolbox

OK, NOF likes to confuse by giving instructions backwards for some reason, but starting at the end - what is the Standard Toolbox? Nothing anywhere says Standard, nothing in the help index except something wildly irrelevant under Standard.

Nothing that flies out from the left screen says Navigation = there's a NavigatOR, but when I try that it says to put a db on the page - but wtf is a db? And where do I start finding out about that

I hope this doesn't take too long, I've promised to get the site up by the weekend.

Someone tell me what / where the Standard Toolbox is?

thanks

It's on your top menu.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NavBar.png 
Views:	319 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	1205

Oh, and I think you misread, its on the standard tool BAR, not box. If its not there, right click a blank spot near your NoF menus add add it.

HTH

Default and....

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post
    It's on your top menu.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NavBar.png 
Views:	319 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	1205

Oh, and I think you misread, its on the standard tool BAR, not box. If its not there, right click a blank spot near your NoF menus add add it.

HTH
    well thanks for that - toolbox toolbar it all helps to make things clear doesn't it?

Can you tell me pray - the flyout menus on both sides of the screen have disappeared. There was a particularly helpful one on the right for jiggling with the font and paragraph, and another for navigating. I don't know what they're called, boxes, bars, panels, flyouts..... How do I get them back?

And is there a way to lock the programme so it doesn't keep flipping into something completely different if you happen to hit a wrong key by accident. (We're not all 20 with perfect eyesight) You start off doing a simple task, suddenly all the toolbars or boxes disappear, and a 5 minute job suddenly takes a couple of days while you chase around trying to get them back. (Isn't it the sign of an over-written programme, people sitting around all afternoon with nothing to do, wondering what extra twiddley bit they can add on next)

thanks for your help

Very simple way to bring the panels back if you closed them by accident: use the F-keys.

F2 = site navigation
    F3 = properties box in general
    F4 = object explorer
    F9 = layout properties
    F10 = masterborder properties
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

hmmmm, just wrote this and it disappeared, try again. I knew the F keys were for more than decoration, thanks. Uploading from within the program rather than using an ftp program. If you erase a page on the site, exclude it from navigation, don't want it any more... does the upload program erase it or is it left floating orphaned around in the clouds? If so how to get rid of it? Thanks

This is the reason I always recommend newbies read the "Getting Started" and "User Guide" documents. They come installed with all versions up to v11 (and have been updated along the way) but for some reason not with v12 as part of the standard install. However, they are downloadable from the NoF web site.

right., wouldn't it be nice to have the time to read a novel and take a PhD in every program you use (because they're going to want to sell it to you all over again in a year's time and you'll need to do that PhD all over again). To sort out the bizarre new definitions the helpfile writers give to words, and to try to make out what they're talking about? In fact, you can't read stuff like that and know it when you need it, it only becomes relevant when you need it, and then the search and indexing facility needs to be good. On the other hand program writers could try to make things user friendly. I dare not touch buttons I think will do something useful in case they do something quite unintended and I can't find the way back again. At the moment I have some panels which appear on the right screen, but not the clever little tab system that gives access to them, they multiply across the screen and then I can't see anything else. Is there an F number to get the tabs back? thanks
    Last edited by quisquis; 08-13-2012 at 10:22 AM.

oh no!! this poxy thing is driving me up the wall. It keeps complaining there's an unstable file and it won't open the ftp connection. But it doesn't tell me which file is unstable or whether this is the reason it won't ftp. What do I do someone?? Please!!

RTFM, rinse and repeat.