Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you auto rezise the background image so it fits in all pages

Default How do you auto rezise the background image so it fits in all pages

Can someone help me out with a problem I have with the background image?

The situation is that I use an image with different colors, so the top is grey, the middle is white and the bottom is also grey. This image is perfect for the homepage, but the other pages in my website are smaller (height) than my homepage. Result is that I don't see the grey at the bottom of the page!

How can I auto re-size the image I use to fit all the pages, regardless the height of the page?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	over_ons page.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	1207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	homepage.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	1206  
    Webdesign | SEO | Technical Support

Valcomp Webdesign

I would suggest to use a table with the bottom backgound as a footer. Table properties: say width 2200 px, three columns, middle column set page width, right and left set width "automatic".

Make a CSS-style with your background image, call it e.g. footer.

Now activate the table and insert in its properties palette (within Tag) class="footer", so the footer image will apply for the whole table. You'll see the result on publish.

You can use the middle cell for anything you want, for example inserting a layout region where you can position things freely.

This only works with centering the page using code, and you can't combine it with a master border on the left hand side. With XHTML output you will experience problems correlated with different centering commands.

As an example see this page of mine:

www.lumis-webdesign.de

Alternative:

Try adjusting your image to page length, press F9 and allocate a new background for the new page.

If you work like this with no borders and just a table, will it auto adjust to all resolutions?

Thanks.

Valcomp Webdesign

Do a google search. There are scripts available on the web to do this. I have one but it's on my workstation which isn't booted at the moment. If I remember I'll post it later.

Here you go. This'll do it for you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	script.png 
Views:	273 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	1213

Thanks for the effort, but not able to download the script (see attachment).

Valcomp Webdesign

Okay, found it. This is a nice feature but not the one I was looking for. I need the background to fit to the page, because not all the pages are the same height.

Any ideas?

Valcomp Webdesign

Give me your email address. I'll send it to you.

My e-mailaddress is info@valcompwebdesign.nl

Thanks.

Valcomp Webdesign

If you work like this with no borders and just a table, will it auto adjust to all resolutions?
    if you were referring to my description: Sure it will. The background repeats up to the maximum width you set for the table. On smaller resolutions you will not see much of what is placed outside the usual page width.

But of course you will only see the bottom of the page if you scroll vertically to the bottom.

We've got a tutorial for this but it is in german - just in case you understand or Google will translate for you:

http://www.nof-schule.de/forum/t-foo...r-masterrahmen

Let me know per PM if you need to see the larger pictures, I'll register an account for you.