Thread: No vertical scroll in preview or published site ...

Post No vertical scroll in preview or published site ...

Hi. I've been working on a site with a few dozen pages. All work fine except for one particular page which when previewed or published will not scroll. It neither has a vertical scrollbar nor responds to the scroll wheel on my mouse. As a result, the content and links further down the page are simply not accessible, which is a little frustrating. Any comments / suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

Make a temp folder, upload the page and post a link to it so we can see what is going on.

This gotFusion tutorial will go over what you need to do to "show us"

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4071
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi again, many thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately I do not have an online host for the site, as it is distributed via DVD to the students I teach. (Time consuming and inefficient I know, but I do not have unlimited copyright for the resources linked to the site. I only have copyright permission to distribute the resources to the students I teach.) Is there another way I can get information to you, e.g. copying the html for the page in question into a word file or something ...?

Hi again. I've solved the problem by creating another page and duplicating the content of the page that was misbehaving, then deleting the misbehaving page. I've still no idea why that page wasn't scrolling, but as my new page seems to work just fine it is no longer an issue, I'm happy to take the pragmatic approach! Many thanks for your offer of help though, gotFusion.