Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Creating Template for Export before upgrading to NOF-12

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1

    Question Creating Template for Export before upgrading to NOF-12

    I am unable to create a template from a large current NOF-Essentials created site as there are missing assets as advised in the [Mising Assets] alert box:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF-Asset-Error.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	1226

    The problem is that the error alert box cannot be expanded to make it big enough to read the missing file names; therefore I cannot complete the export process.

    Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

    Many thanks in advance.

    Vince Cullen

  2. #2
    Senior Member RayC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto-ish, Canada
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    Go to Assets View, and under the Assets menu select "Verify all File Assets". This should show you what's missing.

    Also, before creating a template, under the same menu you can "Delete All Unused File Assets".

    Also, it is advisable to go to the Site View, and under the Tools menu select "Re-Optimize...".

    These steps ensure you have a clean and efficient site file before exporting to template.

    HTH
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Go to Assets View, and under the Assets menu select "Verify all File Assets". This should show you what's missing.

    Also, before creating a template, under the same menu you can "Delete All Unused File Assets".

    Also, it is advisable to go to the Site View, and under the Tools menu select "Re-Optimize...".

    These steps ensure you have a clean and efficient site file before exporting to template.

    HTH
    I have a similar problem, AFTER saving a site copy in ver 12. , when I could not export my ver. 11 site.
    After doing all the above, in 12, I still cannot export.
    First the error message said:
    NetObjects Fusion was unable to recover the site.
    Please send an e-mail to NetObjects Technical Support:
    support@netobjects.com.
    So I am sending it to support. However, my real problem is that even
    after verifying all assets, deleting all unused assets, and
    re-optimizing, I still get that
    "The following assets are missing because they are from sources no
    longer accessible:
    C:\DOCUME~1\EK\LOCALS~1\Temp\FSITemp\Template\Asse ts\assets
    C:\DOCUME~1\EK\LOCALS~1\Temp\FSITemp\Template\Asse ts\mtrc3
    C:\DOCUME~1\EK\LOCALS~1\Temp\FSITemp\Template\Asse ts\mtrc3
    To correct this problem the assets must be accessible. We suggest you copy them to your
    local hard drive and link to this new location."

    WHAT assets can be missing? Especially that first line
    ...\Assets\assets ?
    And the only mtrc3 on my computer is a on my F: drive, it is a
    folder that holds the locally published side, the one that I want a
    to make the export template for.
    So, what should, or what CAN I copy to where, or where from do I
    link what, to get rid of the error messages?
    Does anyone have an idea? To date I had no real luck with NOF support, sadly.
    Regards Emil Kucera

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    An addition: Just to update anybody who might be reading this: exporting just Selected pages - even if I select all, seems to work. I have the forum to thank for finding the suggestion to try this.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default Saving templates

    Quote Originally Posted by Kucera View Post
    An addition: Just to update anybody who might be reading this: exporting just Selected pages - even if I select all, seems to work. I have the forum to thank for finding the suggestion to try this.
    Thanks for this. I had the same problem and this solution esolved it. I don't know about you but I feel I am constantly battling about the oddities of NOF. Its back up arrangements are bizarre, arcane and totally opaque. It makes me quite paranoid.

  6. #6
    Senior Member gotFusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    www.gotHosting.biz
    Posts
    4,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brumman47 View Post
    Thanks for this. I had the same problem and this solution esolved it. I don't know about you but I feel I am constantly battling about the oddities of NOF. Its back up arrangements are bizarre, arcane and totally opaque. It makes me quite paranoid.

    NetObjects Fusion is a database program that writes html code

    Backing up the Fusion database is the same as backing up ANY database

    Export the data (in Fusion export a template)

    To restore a database from back up

    Import the data (in Fusion import a template)

    Any other way would be "odd"

    .
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •