Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Replacing Flash

  1. #11
    Senior Member mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany /Deutschland
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Works just fine on my iPad.

    There are a few sliders in this list which are not so expensiv....

    Good luck.

    Mia
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I'm using a WowSlider show here. Free and easy to implement.
    Hi Franko,

    Had some success with wowslider except as I said to Mia, the logo and somewhat erratic behaviour in Chrome.

    Am going to try a few others before I decide which to go with.

    Thanks for the help,

    Cheers

    Craig

  3. #13
    Senior Member franko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    2,617

    Default

    No worries. I'm happy enough to keep the wowslider logo but the app is cheap enough to buy the commercial version. I (and my client in this case) are cheapskates :-)

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,878

    Default

    I have implemented it here http://www.petstraining.com.au/ and so far it seems to work in all browsers, I used the modified DOC type from mia's recommendation, but I did not use the component because this causes two DOC type tags and this is bad for the validator

    I am still wondering how franko's version works in IE8 without a modified tag????

    I am also wondering how one could add more than one WOW slider to a page easily? I tried but it becomes a mess

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    No worries. I'm happy enough to keep the wowslider logo but the app is cheap enough to buy the commercial version. I (and my client in this case) are cheapskates :-)
    I'm into Ham Radio as a hobby, despite advances in electronics the newest radio I have is 15 years old, the oldest 45 years...... This laptop is an 8 year old IBM T40 ..........

    Reckon I'm not too free with the cash either

    Cheers

    Craig

  6. #16
    Senior Member RayC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto-ish, Canada
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I have implemented it here http://www.petstraining.com.au/ and so far it seems to work in all browsers, I used the modified DOC type from mia's recommendation, but I did not use the component because this causes two DOC type tags and this is bad for the validator

    I am still wondering how franko's version works in IE8 without a modified tag????

    I am also wondering how one could add more than one WOW slider to a page easily? I tried but it becomes a mess
    When all else fails, you can always create the slider on a Zero Margin page, then pull it into your main page in an I-Frame. You could easily have multiple sliders on a page this way.

    The Zero Margin sliders could -- or may have to -- be published as a "separate site", but could make updates easy. The client could be given a configured copy of the program and use the built-in FTP to change the pictures without affecting the rest of the site.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

  7. #17
    Senior Member LBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    543

    Default

    If you want a dead simple way to substitute what you have now, try this http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    Hi,
    I cannot see the rotating banner on your website.....because I'm using my iPad right now.

    But here is a long list of jQuery Sliders, they all work perfect with my pad.
    Take your pick.
    http://www.tripwiremagazine.com/2012...ry-slider.html
    Does it work on your fancy and over-priced iPad now? ..... (only jealous cus I don't have one)

    www.arrowrocklodge.com

    Is it OK on other pages?

    Haven't touched the other language sites but it seems to me that the pages load a bit faster than the older flash version.

    Cheers for now

    Craig

  9. #19
    Senior Member mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany /Deutschland
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Works just fine on my fancy and over-priced toy. LOL
    On all the pages.
    Look here:
    http://db.tt/6bjq9xMR

    Cheers
    Mia
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LBA View Post
    If you want a dead simple way to substitute what you have now, try this http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm.
    I am testing this and it works great in all browsers except IE8 where random white dots are appearing over the images

    especially over person with dark Nike pants

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •