Thread: Layout Region problem

Default Layout Region problem

Hi, I can't post this site yet, so I hope I can explain the problem clearly enough.

I have a 10 page site, with Master Layout Region, a General Layout Region per page and Layout Region in the Footer section.
    I have checked page sizing - all the same; pages are centered.

I have two problems:
    1. When resizing the pages in a browser, the MLR and the GLR on each page resize perfectly. But, the Layout Region in the footer resizes so that it is out of alignment - depending on the resizing done.

2. When viewed in the NOF preview window page alignment is different from browser display.

If anyone has any ideas or topics to look into I'd appreciate it.

Jennie

Quote Originally Posted by JEmmR View Post
    Hi, I can't post this site yet, so I hope I can explain the problem clearly enough.

I have a 10 page site, with Master Layout Region, a General Layout Region per page and Layout Region in the Footer section.
    I have checked page sizing - all the same; pages are centered.

I have two problems:
    1. When resizing the pages in a browser, the MLR and the GLR on each page resize perfectly. But, the Layout Region in the footer resizes so that it is out of alignment - depending on the resizing done.

2. When viewed in the NOF preview window page alignment is different from browser display.

If anyone has any ideas or topics to look into I'd appreciate it.

Jennie
    Jennie,

Hope this isn't a stupid question but why isn't footer part of Master Border? Then if Master Border and Layout regions are resizing as you want you will have solved your problem.

Without an actual example to look at you will only get "guesses"

So here are my guesses.....

1) Change the publish method and see if that solves the problem

2) You may have accidentally set frames. Remove them and see if that solves the problem

If you want an accurate answer you are going to have to put a page up and post a URL.

Here is the gotFusion tutorial on how to create and publish a "help me" section on a domain

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4071G

Go over that tutorial and upload a test page then post a link to it so you can get so better help
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks for the reply. I will post the site ASAP, I'm just in the process of moving to a new computer.

As I have only used NOF software a few times I used a template (Internet Blue - very standard one) to start with and left the master layout options as they were - just chose a couple of pages I liked and copied and edited them.

I believe the footer is part of the master layout region. The footer has its own layout region for things like links.

Thanks again.

Many thanks for the ideas. I'll work through them.

Being able to upload a test page is a great help.

... I have just tried the link and got the oops!! message. Will be uploading the site as a test soon, will add that link as soon as its up.

Jennie
    Last edited by JEmmR; 09-11-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: updated info I have

Having some troubles ... saving current site as template to use on the new machine is not working - one file problem, tried copying site files to new machine (assumed this would work as NOF versions are idenical) and opening - no good; off to do something else for a while. So upload won't happen for a bit.

Jennie

Default Site created from 'export template' option displays incorrectly

Hello again,
    got the main_site exported as a template (went back to a backup copy) and imported the template to the new computer. But, the new_site is different from the main_site I created the template from. I have included pics of each - i'm not worried about any other issues, just the change from the grey to white that gives a 'curved' look. I have checked the files, nothing missing, and obvious layout settings all look OK.

If anyone has ideas where I could look for the cause I'd be one happy user.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orig site view.JPG 
Views:	535 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	1237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	template site view.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	1238

Cheers ... Jennie

Quote Originally Posted by JEmmR View Post
    Having some troubles ... saving current site as template to use on the new machine is not working - one file problem, tried copying site files to new machine (assumed this would work as NOF versions are idenical) and opening - no good; off to do something else for a while. So upload won't happen for a bit.

Jennie