Thread: Help with Favicon

Default Help with Favicon

http://downloads.netobjects.com/en/n...n.pdf?type=pdf I have followed this tutorial to the letter but when I open the code to paste the link in the space in the tutorial is not there. Where should I paste the link for it to work? Thanks in advance Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	1239

You have opened the wrong window.
    You are supposed to use the HTML Code Editor.
    If you don´t see the HTML Code Editor at the bottom of your window, you will have to select it first.
    Here is a screenshot of my (german) version. It will be easily found if you compare it with your english version.
    Select View > More pallets (?)> HTML Code Editor.

P.S. Don´t know why the screenshot is so blurred, I hope you can see something..?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTML_code_editor.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	1240  
    Last edited by mia; 09-13-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Interesting... I've never, ever looked at this window. This looks to be the same as clicking the [HTML...] button in MasterBorder Properties, no?

Second, the code should work where it's been inserted via the Code Tab in Page View -- within the "Custom 3" area.

Third, most browsers nowadays don't require the code -- they will look for "favicon.ico", although I usually insert the code anyway to be certain.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Interesting... I've never, ever looked at this window. This looks to be the same as clicking the [HTML...] button in MasterBorder Properties, no?
    Well, no.
    Open these two windows at the same time and compare...

And, I never bother with inserting this code neither. If you place the favicon in the root, that will do.
    But since Nick is following this tutorial "to the letter" I thought a screenshot might come handy....
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Well, just because I'm the curious sort, I did open both at the same time, and they appear identical. I can insert some code in one screen and edit from the other.

It seems to be two different ways of displaying the same info. HTML Code Editor = MasterBorder Properties HTML. The only difference is the HTML Code Editor panel can remain open while you work on the page.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something fun.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Are you quite sure ...?
    Right now I only have the laptop with NOF11 here. Seams to be a difference between the "page HTML" of the Masterborder and the HTML Code Editor.
    3 icons in the top of the masterborder window are greyed out.

Now I'm curious as well.
    Can double check in NOF 12 only later this afternoon.

** I just did. The same in NOF12, 3 functions are not available in the masterborder HTML.
    Last edited by mia; 09-13-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Oh, I see it. I should never doubt you.

( I've never used those either... )
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in