Thread: Flash Photo Gallery changes won't save

Coyotes 0, Zeus 2. HaH! Mountain-dog, keepin' away all the hoo-do's and who-don't's near Yosemite!

Default Flash Photo Gallery changes won't save

Has anyone any ideas on this? I can create the basic Flash Photo Gallery, then add /change picture name/description, but modifications to layout and design are not saved nor displayed.

Since August 12, emailing back and forth w/NetO, but the engineer said he'd "... have to escalate...".

I noticed that all the directories are Read Only, but the files aren't: C:\Program Files\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\NetObjects System\Resources\Flash

JRE removed, all MacroMedia stuff removed properly-?-, Fusion uninstalled/re-installed. .NET 3.5 repaired & at SP1, .NET Framework 4 Client Profile repair was sequenced.

Yes, I too mistakenly installed the JDK 7. Un-installed same, then installed JRE 1.6. Fusion Application Option set to use JRE 1.6

The photo gallery will load and all appears ok during function but won't save the changes. All/everything else Flash functions perfectly. NOF functions perfectly. Anything else Flash/Java on this machine functions perfectly.

Anything??? Anyone??? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I like the Flash Photo Gallery for a number of reasons and wish to correct the issue, not abandon it.

(sequence of un-install/re-install, above, maybe mis-spoken but all were perfomed in an organized sequence)

Have you upgraded to IE 9 ?

Fusion does not like IE 9. Uninstall it and reinstall IE 8 and see if that resolves the problem.

What version of windows are you using?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Coyotes 0, Zeus 2. HaH! Mountain-dog, keepin' away all the hoo-do's and who-don't's near Yosemite!

Hi, Turtle, and thanks.

Naw, I'm still at I.E. 8. I have another machine w/XP-sp3; it had NOF 11 and the Flash Gallery worked fine. So I upgraded it to XII and it continues to work.

I emulated that other machine with the faulty machine (Macro Media, <anything/everything/all-things Flash & Java>.... un-installed everything using Windows/Oracle/Adobe un-installers prior to doing so. CCleaned machine & registry. Even re-built .NET 3.5 & .NET Framework Client prio to installing. Cold re-boots for everyone all around.

Nothin' Fusion, but found my Adobe Illustrator.exe had been compromised. But the machine is fast! For awhile, again.

The one exception to the hammer-to-fit, paint-to-match listed above: NOF ver. 10 & 11 remained/still remain functional on this machine and have had and continue to have the same symptom (that is an honest clue to someone who reads Flash/Java clues).

Perhaps something is lingering here in NOF Version Land, but I'm insecure and haven't seemed to get a strait-up answer: can a clean machine install a NOF XII "upgrade" using an upgrade s/n & license and be functional. I don't need any documentation but don't want to lose any functionality.

If-so, then, in my pea-brain, the machine wasn't truly "clean" of all things MM, Adobe & Java. Perhaps, if ver. 10 & 11 weren't installed & functional during the last um-teen hours of de-bugging, the results could have been different? I dunno, I'm kinda simple.

Thanks for your input, while I responded with free-flow blither

Poncho Dog,
    Guarding the Mountain Realm of all things Hoo-doo

Well, after the JDK and JRE's being removed, all things NOF and all things Flash; after removing all things NOF with exception of the XII Upgrade and Update #3...

After several CCleanings and Registry cleanings and cold re-boots...

No effect on the problem: the Flash Photo Gallery cannot be modified from default.

C'mon, surely (Shirley?) someone must have some thots on this, eh? I have yet to hear from Fusion since I was told the problem would be "... sent to the engineers...". This must be, at the least, a curiosity to the NOF folks. It would seem the 'fix' would be obvious to those who might really know their stuff with Flash.

If there is an interest... as posted elsewhere today:

16 hours <strait-up> of Microsoft On-line, 5 engineers later. Stripped SP3, cleaned Symantec, SFC /scannow (x3) <itwasugly>, uSoft 'Mr.Fix-it', Belarc, Revo Pro., MSXML 3.4, Java 1.6 then 1.7.11, 15 boots followed by: 5-1/2 hours the next day with SP3 & (honestly) 156 uSoft updates, NOF 8, 10, 11 & 12 & all their updates, it practically fixed itself. Previous issues went away.

If you have NOF troubles, give it a shot! The above may help you too

Now that I've been diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder, I can give all my grief to that other guy