Thread: just bought NOF XII and can not install

Angry just bought NOF XII and can not install

I suspect that the program is corrupted.

When I first try to install, it tells me that It needs to be run on 32 bit and I have 64 bit vista.
    When I try to run as administrator, it tells me that it can not find the file.

I tried to D/L multiple times and suspect that the download that I finally got was corrupted.
    I would like to try top download it again, but teh site tells me that I have no downloads available.
    Any suggestions?

I am upgrading from Essentials.
    I used to have NOF 8, but lost it from a computer crash - just found the disk, but do not have the S/N anymore for it.

I would like to install NOF XII VERY soon, before I consider cancelling my order and switching to another program.

Coyotes 0, Zeus 2. HaH! Mountain-dog, keepin' away all the hoo-do's and who-don't's near Yosemite!

Tech support may take a few days to reply. Come back to this board often.

Confirm file-size of the download prgm to that on the servers' download screen. Hang tuff. You'll get your answers but, at the moment, I think it's too early for the NOF crowd. I've not been at 64 bit operation since the Atari boxes in the 80's with Nolan Bushnell. Vista: when they pry the XP from my cold, dead hands. Like they did with W2K, and everything since DOS 1.1.

Can you attempt to install it/operate it in a 32bit mode? Did that make sense? I don't know, I'm a DOG!

I tried a few options in running in compatibility mode with no luck.
    When I just click to run, it says that it is 32 bit and my computer is 64 bit (not exact words)
    when I run as administer it says that it can not find the file that I just clicked on.
    This is why I think that it is a corrupted file . . .

They sent a suggestion (this morning) to right click and choose troubleshoot, but I did not see that option. and contacted them about that.
    I am hoping that they will let me re-download it instead of just have to wait for the disk to arrive . . .

Just tried to install the program on a Win XP 32 bit machine and it did not install - contacted support and hope they let me D/L it again VERY soon . . .

Now 5 days into waiting for then to let me download it again - 2 days since I wrote back to them and am stillwaiting for a response - will keep everyone updated on my progress

Quote Originally Posted by thevitalsource View Post
    Now 5 days into waiting for then to let me download it again - 2 days since I wrote back to them and am stillwaiting for a response - will keep everyone updated on my progress
    Hi thevitalsource,

I've extended your download and resent your confirmation email. Please login and attempt your download again. If you are running any sort of download accelerators, please disable them before logging in.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Thanks for the extension - finally installed and ready to go now.