Thread: NOF12 - Question on Local Publish Folder & NOF12 Crashing

Exclamation NOF12 - Question on Local Publish Folder & NOF12 Crashing

H E L P ...

1. When I publish my site using the NOF local publish settings, or to my own selected local publishing path, NOF 12 does not open a preview window anymore, like NOF 10 used to I CAN preview with the obvious preview button, but only if I have NOT published the site yet. After I publish the first time, the preview option is not an option anymore (button appears but does nothing when clicked).

2. Now, despite the fact that I have no preview page to view how the site will look once published up, when I go to FTP the Local Publish files up -- THERE IS NO LOCAL PUBLISH FOLDER in the place I specified one to be, or in the one generated by NOF! Is it located someplace else? Should I look for the local published files in another place, or by another file name (not called Local Publish anymore maybe)? The Local Publish file was always called Local Publish and it was always located in the folder I specified it to be in, or in the one NOF automatically generated, in previous versions of NOF. So, NO FTP'ing, period, for me at the moment...

3. Also, after I local publish one time, I cannot locally publish (or remote publish - vice versa) ANYMORE, unless I close and reopen the program (like the Preview button I explained above). It's a one try shot! Keeping in mind, that there isn't a local publish folder that I can find to FTP anyway

4. To beat it all, I cannot just close the program by normal means (clicking X, or File Close Site), in order to do step 3 above. I have to force close NOF through the Task manager . When I reopen NOF 12 back up, it always gives me the error message about "NOF detecting an unstable file and will recover the site... blah, blah, blah. AND, that the recovery was successful" message. Thank God I had learned my lesson about saving the site after EVERY LITTLE THING I DO many years ago now!!

I am using an Acer Aspire 5336 with Win 7, service pack 1, 64-bit.

Below is the error message I got when I force closed NOF with the task manager:
    Description: A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    Application Name: Fusion.exe
    Application Version: 12.0.0.5071
    Application Timestamp: 4ea776dd
    Hang Signature: bb2b
    Hang Type: 6144
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: bb2bf9eb2ad9d1668d2a6804797e8d3c
    Additional Hang Signature 2: 63ae
    Additional Hang Signature 3: 63ae5306e652a52cd71492194cd55384
    Additional Hang Signature 4: bb2b
    Additional Hang Signature 5: bb2bf9eb2ad9d1668d2a6804797e8d3c
    Additional Hang Signature 6: 63ae
    Additional Hang Signature 7: 63ae5306e652a52cd71492194cd55384

Here is the solution to a similar problem I just posted. forced shut downs, lock ups and crashing.

I have figured out the problem after much hassle restores etc. It is WINDOWS 7 pro.. This pertains to Nof 11 and 12 both need to be installed through the system admin.

I know that you must install as system admistrator not just an admin user. When logging in as a user and installing as an admin that doesn't work
    I have my system locked from preditors there for I have an admin user and a user. Eash of these were still wrong. so..
    If you have seperate users set up on your system, you have to install the program in the system administrator which is different.
    How to check if your system admin is disable go to the following place:

right click on computer and choose manage
    Choose local users and groups
    Choose users then open properties on Administrator
    If the box that says Account is disabled is checked, uncheck the box and save.
    Exit all and Log off your current user
    You will now see the Administrator logon This is where you have to install your nof. O and you have to install to program files x86 if you are using 64 bit.

Any one out there having unstable or crashing nof 12 this could very well be your problem. 12 works great now no problems no flickering "it's All Good"

Those of you not having any problems, probably aren't using multiple users on their computers and are using the original admin user.

Alley Cat

what have you set as the default browser for NOF in application settings?

what is the java runtime set to in application settings, program?