Thread: NOF 12 and Office 2012

Question NOF 12 and Office 2012

Hi There,

I have been using previous version of NOF with Office 2007 quite happily, in that i have a 'File Link' to word files - and have ticked the box that says 'Convert to HTML document when publishing'.
    Even NOF 12 worked fine with office 2007 and it quite happily converted to HTML when i published the site.

We have now moved to Office 2010 - and now NOF12 refuses to convert these files to HTML. Office is the only thing that has changed, the files themselves are still untouched.

I get a rather generic error saying "unable to convert <filename goes here> to HTML on page <page goes here>" - ive removed the filename and page name as this is irrelevant for the forum.

How do i get NOF12 to work and convert office files to HTML like it used to.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kylebrophy View Post
    Hi There,

I have been using previous version of NOF with Office 2007 quite happily, in that i have a 'File Link' to word files - and have ticked the box that says 'Convert to HTML document when publishing'.
    Even NOF 12 worked fine with office 2007 and it quite happily converted to HTML when i published the site.

We have now moved to Office 2010 - and now NOF12 refuses to convert these files to HTML. Office is the only thing that has changed, the files themselves are still untouched.

I get a rather generic error saying "unable to convert <filename goes here> to HTML on page <page goes here>" - ive removed the filename and page name as this is irrelevant for the forum.

How do i get NOF12 to work and convert office files to HTML like it used to.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi kylebrophy,

We've duplicated the issue, it's actually the extension (.docx and something word does with the files differently) that causes this problem. I've tested in both Word 2007 and 2010 with the same results. We've bugged it, in the meantime open your file(s) in word and save as a .doc rather than a .docx and the option to convert to HTML should be available when linked.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

is this fixed yet. It drives me mad as it creates loads of extra work.

Why not ask Microsoft? As Adam pointed out, it is an MS introduced problem, not NO.

And anyway, how much "extra work" is there in saving as .doc instead of .docx?

Twayne

Default Re: NOF 12 and Office 2012

In news:clogdiver.5n1z6b@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    clogdiver <clogdiver.5n1z6b@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > is this fixed yet. It drives me mad as it creates loads
    > of extra work.

Is what fxed yet?

No, you're mistaken. Its not a Micorshaft problem at all. It's just a matter of functionality. Improvements in Office documents have been made for some time and you have much better formatted and smaller file sizes. While I am quite partial to Microsoft bashing this is not actually a step backwards. It's just that NOF does not have an up to date filter. This type of open XML format has been around since 2007 at least. Thats 5 years. If anyone is suggesting that its OK to be 5 years out of date then keep on building your website.

extra work? when you have over 300,000 documents. If you only look after your local club website with one or two documents then your going to be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by clogdiver View Post
    extra work? when you have over 300,000 documents.
    Maybe one of these will help?
    Batch DOCX to DOC Converters:

http://download.cnet.com/Batch-DOCX-...-10909592.html

http://docxtodoc.net/

Free:
    http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/18/...-html-rtf.html

Quote Originally Posted by clogdiver View Post
    extra work? when you have over 300,000 documents. If you only look after your local club website with one or two documents then your going to be OK.
    I wish I had a dollar for each of the 300,000 documents!

Quote Originally Posted by oakbridge View Post
    I wish I had a dollar for each of the 300,000 documents!
    I have just upgraded to Fusion 2013 and can confirm its still a problem.