Thread: Menus making me turn grey!

Default Menus making me turn grey!

OK, my turn to ask for help.

I am redesigning a site and all goes well except for flyouts.

If you go to www.clowns.co.nz and look at the Home, About and Benefits pages you will see the menu behaving exactly as I want. Go to any of the other pages and flyouts appear to the right and above. The settings are identical on all pages unless I am blonde as well as bald.

So, people, any and all suggestions gratefully received.

TIA

David

You probably already know all this, but...

Do the other pages use a different MasterBorder? If so, you have to make doubly sure the settings are all correct.
    Are the other pages at the same level in the Site Structure?
    Are you setting the flyout properties for each MasterBorder using the Style button on the Navigation Bar Properties, then selecting [Advanced...]?

Just when I think the nav bar configuration makes sense, it doesn't again. I always seem to flail about randomly, and almost ALWAYS end up doing a custom nav bar rather than the automatic ones, as I can never get it to do what I want.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

You're right Ray, I had thought of all that and still couldn't get it to work. Finally gave up, gave in, reset the masterborder on all not working pages to one of the working ones and BINGO!

What I still don't get is that every page was created from the same template page I made up first.

Yep, fully agree, generally do custom, but thought this would be a doddle with so few pages.

Ah well, life goes on and I still cannot find a better WYSIAWYG design tool.

David,

since you're open to "any and all suggestions" I take the risk of turning your hair even greyer and have a small objection.

You do realize that your flyouts are not working on an iPad and most of the smartphones ?
    So iPad users are not able to reach all the pages of your submenus.
    If you don't add extra links on the main pages these pages will be hidden.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Hi Mia,

Thanks.

I have tested on iPad and is working fine, but you are right, it won't work on my Android phone. I have had to change the slideshow from flash to jquery (thanks Steve Jobs) and will probably soon be moving to a non-NoF menu, probably DHTML.

I will be adding text links before I go live.

Cheers

David

Well, the NOF flyouts do work -somehow- on iPad with the new iOS 6.
    But they don't work at all with my iOS 5.
    And I refuse to update, because then my beloved Google Map app with Street View would be gone. They replaced it with their ridiculous home-baked Apple maps.....
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten