Thread: Windows 8 - Who's game to try with NoF?

Default Windows 8 - Who's game to try with NoF?

I'm not usually an early adopter of OS's, and I may even leave the disk on my desk for 6 months, or I may try this weekend because when HarveyNorman is offering Win 8 Pro for 88 bucks, well, I like a bargain.

Anyone already tried it?

Love to hear some stories about how it does/does not work with our tools.

Cheers

David

Who's game? Certainly not me! I've only recently moved to windows 7 and I dislike that even more than XP. IMHO the last vaguely decent windows OS interface was NT4.

Hi Franko,

I found Win7 to be quite good, as stable as XP, and all my software ran on it happily. thankfully avoded the whole Vista shebang

yesterday my old lappie was retired and i invested in a shiny Samsung AIO, capable of runnuing 64 bit with heaps of RAm so here goes with the Win8 experiemnt ...

Well, so far so good. NoF seems to behave quite well with 64 bit Win8, I had hoped for a speed up, but that hasn't happened. All my other software seems to run just fine as well.

Happy so far.

Hi David,

since the first questions turn up in our forum about the compatibility of Windows8 and NOF 12 I would be interested in a few more details.
    Did you install NOF as admin?
    Did you try to publish already? There has been a few reports in an other thread about publishing problems ( crash of NOF and blue screen...).

Thanks
    Mia
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Well, I've gone back to Win7 as 8 kept seeing both NoF and 4D hanging or not responding for no apparent reason.

Of course, this has brought further problems as NoF and 4D both worked quite happily on my old Win7 32 bit, but this new machine has come with 64 bit Win 7 and that seems to slow NoF and 4D. Of course, old 32 bit was Ultimate, this is Home Premium, maybe that will make a difference. I am tossing up the pros and cons of upgrading to 64bit Ultimate to see if that improves matters.

With both Win 8 and the new Win7 64 bit, I installed the software after the OS, as admin and am also running as Admin. I tried running in XP compat mode, made no difference.

So, back to the drawing board ...

One plus, Photoshop loves the 64 bit, don't know why, but sure runs a heap quicker, even when I have NoF, 4D, AI and Photoshop all running at same time.

David,

thanks for your report.
    So it looks like the first enthusiasm " so far so good" has vanished.

I'm looking forward to some testing results by the company and maybe some recommendations about the compatibility with Win 8.......
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Photoshop runs well in x64 but I ultimately uninstalled it and only run x32 Photoshop (CS5.1). I found that while PS was fine, 80% of my plug-ins were only 32-bit and wouldn't run in 64-bit PS. And I use a lot of plug-ins.

I don't use it. Now my computer system is Windows 7 and I like it. I like playing games with this system.

Its great system, im working with it and really - very nice
    I am entrepreneur which sells branded drinks & soft drink development