Thread: Change E-Mail Text / Submit Button / PHP /

Default Change E-Mail Text / Submit Button / PHP /

Dear NOF-Fans,

i created a page with a contact form and want to be noticed by mail, if anyone hast filled it.

So i found the following page in the "form button properties" (look for picture). There is an entry for the server, the mail adresses, the subject and so on. But there is no way to manage the body text of the mail.

After clicking the button a "blank" mail is sent, like ...

>>>

Dear Sir/Madam,

Here is the submitted data:

Thank you

<<<<

My question is now: Where or how can i change the text of the message? I searched the scripts and the html but could not find an answer.

Thanks for your help.

Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FormHandler.PNG 
Views:	602 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	1269  

The email text is the information supplied in each of the fields. You control it by naming the fields; change it by changing the field names.

The solution is not as obvisously. I searched really everything. Finally i got it. The text of the eMail Message is hidden in a XML-File which is called like ...

FormInfo_LayoutRegion1FORM_441326665_13332.XML

It is published and it has the following text:
    <![CDATA[ Dear Sir/Madam, Here is the submitted data: [txtNachname] [txtVorname] [txtEMail] [txtTelefon] [txtVersandadresse] [txtMedikament] [rbN1] [rbN2] [rbN3] Thank you]]>
    </nof:template></nof:formInfo>

You can see: The eMail Text is found there. Be shure to open the file with an XML-Editor, not with the normal editor, as you are not able to see all of the text.

So i think i have to change this file.

I helped myself and hope someone will find this information useful.

Alex

One hour later i have changed the file ...

... to my needs. It is found in the assets folder. And after publishing it is written in the root folder of the site. But... NOF always publishs a new file and overwrites my changes. This really makes me feel ...

Now i would keep a copy of my changes and manualy add the file after each publish. There are all doors open for mistakes.

Do you know another way of solving this problem?

Yours
    Alex

Default Changing text in FormInfo.XML

Because the file got changed at evere publish, I tried to (and it looks like it worked) change the file attribute of the FormInfo.XML in the Asset folder and the Web Root to Read Only. The publish then don't overwrite the file, so the text remains.
    Regards Bo Ganslandt

Quote Originally Posted by KNOF_HOW View Post
    One hour later i have changed the file ...

... to my needs. It is found in the assets folder. And after publishing it is written in the root folder of the site. But... NOF always publishs a new file and overwrites my changes. This really makes me feel ...

Now i would keep a copy of my changes and manualy add the file after each publish. There are all doors open for mistakes.

Do you know another way of solving this problem?

Yours
    Alex