Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text truncates on right in page design view

Default Text truncates on right in page design view

My site has developed an annoying quirk. Although text publishes to the web correctly, it is truncated at the right when in Page Design view (see attached screenshot). It does not impact how the text appears when published, but does make editing difficult, as I cannot see the full text to edit it. Widening the text box does not help.

Additional info. Running Fusion 10 in Windows 7 (Administrator mode).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fusion10 ScreenDump.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	1270  

Unhappy Still having Page Design Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    My site has developed an annoying quirk. Although text publishes to the web correctly, it is truncated at the right when in Page Design view (see attached screenshot). It does not impact how the text appears when published, but does make editing difficult, as I cannot see the full text to edit it. Widening the text box does not help.

Additional info. Running Fusion 10 in Windows 7 (Administrator mode).
    I can see 185 people have viewed my post since October last year, but nobody has been able to offer help, suggesting mine is an unusual problem. It is still occurring and it does make maintaining my site very tricky, as I have to type "blind" and repeatedly generate previews to see whether I have made any typos. Has anybody seen anything even remotely similar, even in a different version of Fusion, so that I can try any solution that may have worked there? I have been using Fusion since version 8, and I have only had this problem since using version 10 on Windows 7. I know that there are some compatibility issues, but I am using Administrator mode, so I don't think it is just that.

Hi Gerry,

It is hard for us to give advice ona problem we cannot see and that we have not experienced ourselves.

That it happens on your PC and not on a web server points to a problem in your PC, not in NoF. Maybe an old or corrupt video driver.

What font is the text in in?

Also, been a long time since I used 10, but IIRC it needs to be run in XP SP2 compatibility mode on Win7.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post
    That it happens on your PC and not on a web server points to a problem in your PC, not in NoF. Maybe an old or corrupt video driver.

What font is the text in in?

Also, been a long time since I used 10, but IIRC it needs to be run in XP SP2 compatibility mode on Win7.
    I don't think it is a video driver issue because (a) it only applies to Page Design view within NOF, not to Page Preview mode or even site Preview (b) I don't have this problem with any other program installed on my PC.

I have been running it in Administrator mode ever since I have had Win7. I have just tried running it in XP SP2 mode and it has not resolved the problem, but thank you for taking the time to reply.

How about a URL? OR can you at least tell us what text formatting you are using (right, left, center justification)?

Honestly it would be a lot easier to be able to view your live documents so we could see all of the css and html formatting you have applied
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    How about a URL? OR can you at least tell us what text formatting you are using (right, left, center justification)?

Honestly it would be a lot easier to be able to view your live documents so we could see all of the css and html formatting you have applied
    http://www.targettagb.co.uk/html/latest_news.html

I use left alignment on the pages. Just to reiterate, it is not a problem when published, or even previewed, but only in Page Design view, as in the screenshot attached to my original post.

Do all pages show cut off on the right or just that one page (in page view)?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Do all pages show cut off on the right or just that one page (in page view)?
    Sorry for the slow reply. It's every page. Here's another screenshot, of the design view of http://www.targettagb.co.uk/html/about_the_art.html Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fusion10 ScreenDump2.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	1317

Click on the thumbtack on the expanded palettes to resolve your issue

If you hover over the tack it will say "auto hide"

Click on the thumbtack on the expanded palettes to resolve your issue

If you hover over the tack it will say "auto hide"
    I understand the thinking behind this suggestion, but it does not work. Even hiding these does not prevent what is happening. See attached. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fusion10 ScreenDump3.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	1318