Thread: Embedding third party logos with HTML

Default Embedding third party logos with HTML

Hello all, I think I have a fairly easy to solve problem.

I want to embed my "Secure Seller" seal on the "order" page of my web site.

The credit agency that has verified me supplies me with HTML code I can cut and past into my page.

How to I specify where on the page the credit agencies seal (vis a vis the HTML code) will appear?

For example, I created a quick test site, opened the HTML view and just inserted the few lines of code. The seal appeared in the upper left hand corner of the screen; this is not where I want it. (Probably bottom middle or right side)

It seems to me I should be able to create a picture or text box anywhere I want on the page and insert the code such that the seal will appear in the box. That's just a thought, but I can't seem to get that to work. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
    - Bill

I've got to wonder sometimes, do people ever RTFM anymore, or is it all too hard to study?

And before posting questions in forums, do they ever seek previous answers to the same question? Most, not all, but most, questions have been asked and answered m ny times over.

/rant

1. Draw a text box exactly where you want the image.

2. Double click inside text box

3. press ctrl-T

4. paste your code in the box that pops up, save and close.

5. DONE!

6. Make a coffee and RTFM!

I guess I would offer a thanks for the answer which I do appreciate but I do wonder why people even bother to help others without making negative comments. More than half your reply was dedicated to your rant so I can't imagine that timeliness is a factor.

To directly answer your why people don't RTFM question, a lot of use are just starting out and sometimes the information is hard to find in the manual until we start to get the "lingo" down. Sometimes we don't even know where to start in the manual and to read the entire manual when there's only one issue is impractical. We depend on the good help of others, even if not gracious in nature.

- Bill

PS, I did what you suggested and it worked great.

Twayne

Default Re: Embedding third party logos with HTML

In news:wmdino.5me9kb@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    wmdino <wmdino.5me9kb@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > I guess I would offer a thanks for the answer which I do
    > appreciate but I do wonder why people even bother to help
    > others without making negative comments. More than half
    > your reply was dedicated to your rant so I can't imagine
    > that timeliness is a factor.
    >
    > To directly answer your why people don't RTFM question, a
    > lot of use are just starting out and sometimes the
    > information is hard to find in the manual until we start
    > to get the "lingo" down. Sometimes we don't even know
    > where to start in the manual and to read the entire
    > manual when there's only one issue is impractical. We
    > depend on the good help of others, even if not gracious
    > in nature.

I tend to agree with you a little, but IMO, and I subscrbe to this, it's
    good netiquette to have at least LOOKED for the information first. The
    manual et al always have a TOC and often an Index, plus a Search function to
    find fine details if needed. IMO there is no excuse for not having tried.
    And if that fails, there is Google or Bing or ... other documentation
    that came on your disc or on paper.

When I'm asking for help, I always try to remember to point out what I've
    done so far and why it's been fruitless as I see it, before I go to the
    newsgroups. It only adds a few words to the message, is easy to do, and
    makes you look more intelligent to others.
    If I'm in a hurry, I might send a query to a group while at the same time
    perusing the above possibilities of helping myself. Once you get used to it,
    you'll not find the irritations of dress downs for being lazy, etc..

So ... you be a little more patient too, please.

HTH,

Twayne`

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by wmdino View Post
    To directly answer your why people don't RTFM question, a lot of use are just starting out and sometimes the information is hard to find in the manual until we start to get the "lingo" down. Sometimes we don't even know where to start in the manual and to read the entire manual when there's only one issue is impractical. We depend on the good help of others, even if not gracious in nature.
    Bill the only reason some of us here CAN give help is because, well in my case anyway, the manual has been read, the Mountain Jaques website has been built and we know where the help button is!

Now, it is not my intention to start a flame war, but Twayne is right in what he says.

Look at what I found by going to Nof help and typing "insert HTML".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22-11-2012 5-45-40 p.m..png 
Views:	268 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	1285

All,

Understood, I will review the manual more before asking. I didn't want to get into details but I am trying to help a close family member who needs to get his website up and running before next week for a new business. I admit that I did take the easy route by using the forum. As I started out with NOF I found myself making a lot of false starts and sometimes not knowing even which search terms to use in the help files. ( We will make our deadline, the site should be done by this weekend and I truly appreciate everyone's help)

I haven't looked for the Mountain Jaques information but will try to do that later today.

One last question ( and not yet having looked at Mountain Jaques). I tend to do better with tutorials and I notice on the NOF site there is an online tutorial for NOF version 10. Is that sufficiently similar to 12 that I won't get turned around if I utilize that instead of Mountain Jaques?

- Bill

Quote Originally Posted by wmdino View Post
    One last question ( and not yet having looked at Mountain Jaques). I tend to do better with tutorials and I notice on the NOF site there is an online tutorial for NOF version 10. Is that sufficiently similar to 12 that I won't get turned around if I utilize that instead of Mountain Jaques?
    - Bill
    The NOF 12 help system is still online:
    http://netobjects.com/en/nof/12/00/docs/webhelp/

Ken

Thanks, I've book marked that link. I initially looked on the NOF support site and there's a table there with manuals and online tutorials but at that location the tutorials only include version 10 and lower. - Bill

Mountain Jaques is a step by step tutorial, it doesn't cover everything, but if you do it from beginning to end, you will soon be posting here giving advice to others.

Good luck and regards.

The User Guide and Getting Started guides in pdf format have been updated as far as v11 and will teach you all the basics of using NoF. They are available on the NoF web site or you can download them from my ftp site. The Getting Started guide is the Mountain Jacques demo site. It takes about a day to complete but will save you a lot of grief after that. NoF has gotten too complcated now to just hoe in and start trying to build a site without understanding at least the basics.