Thread: Upgrade Question

Default Upgrade Question

Hello,

In the last few days I bought and electronically downloaded NetObjects Fusion 12. I noticed there were 3 upgrades on the website (1 was redacted) so I downloaded the remaining 2. But there is also a Upgrade button in the Menu of the program window.

The question I have is whether it is best to apply the upgrades manually or use the Upgrade button, assuming they will accomplish the same thing. I ask because sometimes it seems that the Upgrade button on other programs contain smaller, more recent changes whereas the cumulative upgrades may be a little behind where the patch process is currently at.

I guess the best thing would be to manually upgrade the use the Upgrade button to catch anything missed. Are there any problems I am unaware of?

Thank you for your time, thanks in advance for any help
    Philip

Hello

as I read, you only need to install Upgrade #3, as the other update is included in #3.

I would recommend an system restore point in windows, as it is possible, that NOF12 would not start anymore after installing the upgrade. (You have to install manually - it is not included in actualising).

In Win 64bit Systems the update #3 have some problems with Java 1.7(32bit).

As normally every admin would recommend to have JRE actual, I can't understand, that there is still no patch for that or upd. #4.
    But I also cannot understand that you have to wait about 1 hole week for such a simple question in an official support forum.

I am still thinking to try again with update #3 or if I try to work without as NOF12 is running without.

It works if you use at least jre 7 upd. 9 ... and use in: Tools --> Options --> (Anwendung in english? ... Program?) --> Tab "Program" --> Java Runtime Environment --> use external jre version 7 .... (instead of using version brought by nof-installation) ...

and updates must be installed by rightclick and install as administrator

after this it seems to run

P.S.: sorry for my english, as I am not a native speaker
    Last edited by vmk; 12-27-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Thank you,

You speak very well for a non English speaker, better than I do and I am a English only speaker.

I forgot the term cumulative download when I wrote the original question. You answered all my questions. In fact you answered one I hadn't thought of, I have the latest JDK which comes with JRE but I was wondering whether to run things with version 1.4 or the latest version 1.7 just in case others were still using a previous version, for compatibility.

Thank you again
    Philip