Thread: No .nod files available

Default No .nod files available

Years ago I created a website using Fusion 7. I no longer have the original files or Fusion 7, so I purchased Fusion 12. The original web site is still up and running, and I have the original gif and text files that were used to create the site, as well as all the other parts of the site from the server. I can't figure out how to download the site from the internet so that I can now edit it, or is this impossible and I have to create an entire new website all over again? I'd really hate to have to start from scratch, so if anyone can give me any help, I'd sure appreciate it. When I try to do any kind of edit it tells me it can't find any .nod files. HELP PLEASE!! I'm an amateur at this and just wanted to fix my own web site.

<Sigh> This really needs to go in an F.A.Q. somewhere...

NOF has a function called "New Site... from existing web site". Only thing is, it doesn't really work. You can try it, but, at best, it creates a bit of a mess that needs a lot of clean up.

Generally it is much easier and quicker to simply re-build the site using the content (text) and images pulled from the existing site. It really doesn't take that long and it is the best route to take in the long run. Once you've re-created your site style, it's just a matter of pasting in the content and images.

Once done, look into the NOF Backup Manager. It will allow you to automatically create a backup of your site as you go, and also allow you to publish a backup to your server in case of PC disaster.

Sorry the news isn't better.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Quote Originally Posted by rlgans View Post
    Years ago I created a website using Fusion 7. I no longer have the original files or Fusion 7, so I purchased Fusion 12. The original web site is still up and running, and I have the original gif and text files that were used to create the site, as well as all the other parts of the site from the server. I can't figure out how to download the site from the internet so that I can now edit it, or is this impossible and I have to create an entire new website all over again? I'd really hate to have to start from scratch, so if anyone can give me any help, I'd sure appreciate it. When I try to do any kind of edit it tells me it can't find any .nod files. HELP PLEASE!! I'm an amateur at this and just wanted to fix my own web site.
    What is the URL of the site?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz